(15) Bad Guy

Juliette
He tosses a large suitcase on to the ground. "Pack your shit." He mumbles as he stands by the doorway of my bedroom, leaning against the frame. "Excuse me?" I ask. "Pack your shit into this suitcase. How much clearer can I be?" He asks.

"I'm not packing anything." I tell him. He sighs and shakes his head, pushing himself off the frame. "Alright.." he mumbles. "It's always the hard way with you." He pulls open a nearby drawer from my dresser and spills the clothing into the suitcase. "What are you doing? I said no!" I bark at him. He turns around and smashes the drawer against the doorframe. "I wasn't asking." He hisses as he turns around and does the same to another drawer. I watch in horror as he walks towards my closet, yanking clothes off the hangers. Smashing drawers. Snapping hangers. Flinging items off my shelves.

By the time he was done, the room was nearly destroyed. "Don't come near me." I growl after he's dragged my suitcase to the car. He continues to walk towards me. I panic and reach for a nearby umbrella. He chuckles and stops right in front of me. "Do it." He says. I look at the umbrella in my hand and back at him. He smirks and shakes his head. "You wouldn't." He says as he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I don't make an attempt to fight him off. I knew this was something I wouldn't win.

I cross my arms looking out the window. "Don't be that way." He says as he continues driving. I scoff. "It's not like we haven't lived together before." He says. "That was a long time ago." I mumble as I stare at the greying skies. I couldn't shake this unsettling feeling in my chest. I turn to look at him. In that moment he turns to look at me too. I was hoping I was wrong, but I wasn't. I frown as I see the twisted amusement in his eyes. He smirks. Not a smile. But an unsettling smirk. "I thought you loved me." He chuckles.

I stay silent and turn away again. I do love you. Just not this side of you. I loved the Tom who just weeks ago was knocking at my apartment door with cold burgers. I loved the Tom who days ago was telling me all he wanted was my happiness. And who days ago was running through the carnival, beneath the twinkling lights. I loved the Tom that loved me. I didn't love the version of him that was obsessed with me. Obsessed with controlling me. Obsessed with the ability to own me. I didn't love him.

He opens the door for me, waiting for me to step out as I look at the house. He snaps his fingers. "It's about to start raining, let's go." He says as I finally step out. He closes the door behind me, walking to the trunk of the car and pulling out my luggage. "Come on." He says as he stops at the door. He nearly pushes me in as I hesitantly step into the house.

"Oh you're here faster than I thought." I hear Bill call out. Tom walks past us, lugging my suitcase upstairs. Bill checks to make sure he's gone before approaching me. "Tell me something good. Please." I whisper. He frowns at me, letting me know he had nothing. "He has a lock on his phone. I couldn't guess the pin." He whispers back. I nod, looking around the house that I would be calling home.

"And how long, do you think maybe he'll.." I trail of shyly, looking down at the ground. "No I don't think so. At least not soon. Whoever it was that called him, whatever it is they told him, it sent him into a full blown meltdown. I think it'll be a while before he snaps out of it."

I frown and wrap my arms around myself. "So does she know?" I ask. He inhales sharply, nodding his head.

"Because she can." Tom growls from upstairs. "But why?" She asks. Bill shakes his head as we both looks towards the direction of their voices from upstairs. "Just, shut the fuck up." He groans as he reappears seconds later, followed by her.

"Are you hungry?" She asks me. I'm thrown off by her question. I could see her face was slightly pink. Although I couldn't tell if it was from embarrassment or from hurt. "N-no. I'm okay." I tell her. She smiles and nods her head as she disappears into the kitchen.