(45) The Irony

Tom
I check my phone again, but she hasn't responded. It'd been hours.

"Can we cut, early maybe?" I ask the guys. George and Gustav glance at one another. "We leave for tour in two weeks." Gustav sighs. "It's hard enough to practice without Bill with the whole honeymoon thing."

George scoffs. "You try telling Alysa that. I'm sure she'd be thrilled." He sarcastically mumbles. "Juliette hasn't been answering." I mumble bringing the phone to my ear. The call immediately goes to voicemail.

The guys look at one another again. "Only cause it's Jules." Gustav chuckles. George frowns and nods in agreement. "Maybe then she'll give you an answer to what you asked her. It'd be nice to relive those days again."

I take off my guitar, setting it down and rushing out of the studio.

Maybe I should call Alysa and ask if Juliette has said anything since the wedding yesterday. But I quickly think twice about that. Alysa made it specifically clear to not bother her or Bill for the week they'd be gone.

Gray doesn't answer when I call him.

What should have been only a 27 minute drive, felt like an hour. I check my phone again, but no answer from either Juliette or Gray. Juliette's car was parked in the front. But Gray's wasn't.

Nearby, walking with a cart of flowers was a lady with a sign. I jog towards her and hand her some money. She smiles and begins pulling flowers, tying them with a nice satin bow. "I hope she loves them." The lady smiles as she hands them to me.

They weren't cornflowers. But Juliette would like them. "Thank you." I mumble as I turn around and walk back towards the apartment.

I knock on the door, waiting for what seemed like an eternity. "Juliette?" I call out, knocking on the door again and waiting a while. No answer. I ring the doorbell. No answer.

What the fuck.

I turn around, looking towards the parking lot where Juliette's car was parked. She couldn't be mad at me. Or asleep. Juliette was a light sleeper.

The door suddenly opens.

I turn around and smile, only to be quickly disappointed as I realize it's Sandra. Her hair was messily pinned up. She had on a pair of yoga pants and a tank top.

She looks down at the flowers in my hand and smiles. Only her smile wasn't the same as it usually was. It was softer than usual. "I'm sorry. I had the blender on." She mumbles.

I look behind her into the apartment noticing it seemed empty. Normally, and perhaps almost two years ago, I would have tested my luck and seen how far I could get with Sandra. But right now, I couldn't give two shits.

"Where's Juliette?" I ask. "I've been calling, and she hasn't been answering."

Sandra's mouth slightly opens, as she turns around and looks behind her into the empty apartment. "She's uhm.." She turns to look back at me.

"Sandra?"

She nervously swallows and looks behind me, her face suddenly changing. "Tom!" Gray shouts from behind me. I look over my shoulder at Gray who was smiling.

He places his hand on my shoulder, and sighs. It's then that I notice his teary eyes from having been crying. Sandra seemed relieved, though still rather sad. "Maybe we should go inside and talk." Gray says.

And it's then that I knew, things weren't okay.

"What do you mean she left?" I growl, tossing the flowers on to the kitchen table.