(3) A Night Stroll

Juliette

Josiah was almost 30 minutes late and it was beginning to get dark. I had told my group from school that I didn't need a ride, and the library had closed.

I check my phone again, deciding it would be best to call him, but the call rings and rings finally going to voicemail. I decide to call Austen, but he doesn't answer.

The apartment was only, at best, a 2 mile walk from the library, maybe less. The streets were still decently lit by the post lights. I check my phone again. 9:17 pm.

I chew on my bottom lip looking around, finally deciding I'd just walk home. I sigh and begin turning the corner of the library following the sidewalk. I try to focus on the crunching of the pavement beneath my black converse, careful as to avoid stepping on the cracks. Someone blows their horn at me, causing me to jump as I look towards the older man slowly following me in his car.

"Hey, you need a ride?" He asks. I glance at his cup holder that had an opened beer bottle. "No, I'm good." I mumble as I continue walking. He honks at me again. "Hey, it's rude to walk away while talking." He says. "It's illegal to drink and drive." I growl to him. He chuckles and shakes his head. "Suit yourself doll." He mumbles as he speeds away.

I scoff and continue walking past a few street vendors who were beginning to pack their stands. I briefly look over the magazines, stopping at the bottom section where a few foreign ones stood.

I couldn't understand them, but what I did understand were the words Tokio Hotel.. Tom Kaulitz.

"5 dollars."

I'm startled and look at the vendor. He had a german accent, similar to Tom's, but a little thicker. I rummage through my pockets finding $5.

He takes the money and hands me the magazine that featured Tom. I feel a sudden cramp in my chest, like if something lodged itself in there.

He had on his usual baggy t-shirt with dark jeans. He was leaving what seemed to be a club based off the bouncer dressed in black and a line of people waiting by the door. I notice his arm was extended, he was looking over his shoulder, half smiling - half laughing at the girl who's hand he was holding. She had strawberry blonde hair that seemed to have a tint of light brown copper to it. She was noticeably fair skinned, enough so that her cheeks seemed to have a natural blush to them. Her cheekbones were sharp and defined, naturally contoured. And she had these sharp and vibrant green eyes.

She had on a fitted white crop top, paired with some baggy jeans and white sneakers. Her hair messily thrown into a bun with a few loose strands framing her face. The flash of the cameras only made her features stand out more. She was smiling, looking at Tom.

The whole thing was in German. I couldn't make out anything. I look towards the vendor. "Uhm. By chance..?" I ask him. He grins at me, nodding his head and extending his hand. I dig through my pockets again, pulling out my last $10 and handing them to him along with the magazine.

He takes a moment to read the cover. "Tokio Hotel guitarist, Tom Kaulitz seen leaving Club Spizz with local girlfriend Emilia Klein."

He notices me flinch at the word girlfriend and uncomfortably clears his throat as he flips to the page in the magazine.

"Tom Kaulitz, Tokio Hotel's guitarist and known bad boy, has been spotted on multiple occasions with various women, including well known models local to Germany. The guitarist, originally shooting to fame in the United States with his fellow band members, mysteriously moved back to Germany a little over a year ago. While the circumstances are still unknown, the move has had no effect on this heartthrob's charm that may now be winding down. Tom Kaulitz has been caught on multiple occasions with local girl Emilia Klein. Sightings of Emilia Klein first occurred the week the band moved back, slowly increasing. Emilia Klein has been a childhood friend of the Kaulitz twins, having once been their neighbor. The interactions between them soon went from platonic to romantic with sightings of them becoming particularly touchy and more serious. Sources have confirmed the couple made things official 5 months ago and the couple seem absolutely smitten with one another."