(48) Juliette Amara

Juliette
"I'm shaking." I laugh both nervously and panicked, staring at myself in the mirror. The girls all look at one another and laugh. "You look.. like not such an eyesore." Rosie giggles, running the brush through my hair one more time.

Emi playfully shoves her out of the way and quickly fixes my hair. "She looks beautiful. Be nice, for ONCE."

Rosie playfully rolls her eyes as her and Alysa stand on each side of Emi. "You'll be fine. It's Tom." Alysa giggles.

"And we haven't seen each other in a year." I mumble.

Almost as if on cue, the doorbell to the house rings. "Speak of the devil.." Rosie smirks looking over her shoulder.

I get up, nervously walking out of my room and peering into the living room.

"It's a nice house. Much better than the apartment." Tom mumbles looking around the living room that was still in the process of being fully furnished.

My dad chuckles and nods in agreement. As Tom
looks around the room, his eyes finally settle in me and he smiles. My dad turns around and smiles, looking back towards Tom. "No later than 11." My dad mumbles.

"Dad." I growl.

My dad smirks. "Just have her home safe."

Tom chuckles, opening the door for me. I awkwardly wait for him as he closes the door and quietly walks past me to the car.

Neither one of us says a word for a few minutes. Every now and then I'd steal a glance. But his eyes never left the road. And I knew he'd catch me staring. I knew because he'd smile.

"Where are we going?" I finally ask.

He finally glances over at me. But in the darkness I couldn't see his eyes all too well. I was scared to see something different. We hadn't spoken in three days since the show when he drove me home and asked if we could go out tonight.

"Somewhere." He says.

And that was all for what felt like an eternity.

Until he finally pulls into a familiar parking area. He quietly gets out and opens the door for me. I quickly recognize the small cliff in the distance. I smile realizing we were at the beach. The same beach we'd been to twice where we had our first official date. When I first brought him here.

He takes my hand and leads me towards the sand. To a beautiful set up. A large blanket in the middle, surrounded by lanterns. And a familiar basket.

My heart flutters as he looks over his shoulder at me and smiles. I can't help but smile like an idiot as he helps me sit. We both look around, quietly admiring the slightly disturbed waves in the ocean.

"Juliette."

"Tom."

We both say together.

We both flinch, and smirk at one another. I nearly catch my breath as the light from the lanterns glimmers across his eyes. His eyes that were soft. Completely and only on me. Clear, brown eyes that I quickly get lost in.

"You go first." He says.

I'm caught off guard. I hadn't thought about what I was going to say. His name sort of just escaped from my lips. I open my mouth to speak, hoping something would come out. But nothing does.

"Hi."

A smile slowly creeps on to his lips and he laughs. He shakes his head and takes my hand in his. "Hi, Juliette." He replies through a chuckle.

"I'm not.. I don't.. know w-.." I stammer trying to finish my damn sentence. He looks up from my hand at me and smiles softly. "I know." He whispers.

"Are we.. okay?" I ask.