(25) Making Sense of Things

Tom
The girls all frown, looking at one another. "No one?" Juliette asks me. I shake my head. "She was an only child. Her dad overdosed when she was 6. Her mom was a prostitute, usually high off crack or whatever it was she was on. She died when Emi was 13. Emi was the one that found her."

"That's so sad. And yet she still came out to be such a sweet person." Alysa sighs. Juliette nods in agreement. "Well the party is still on for tonight. I just wanted to make sure she didn't have someone special we didn't invite." Juliette says. "Can you and Bill pick up the cake and then take it to Rosie's?" She asks me. "We're going to try and get Emi to think it's a game night."

I turn and look to my brother who smirks from ear to ear. "Maybe try movie night? The last game night didn't work out too well." He laughs as he walks towards Alysa and kisses her goodbye. "Was that necessary?" I hiss to Bill as we leave the house.

He snorts and begins driving. "You're a sore loser for everything games." I roll my eyes and look down at my phone.

<< Gia: Dr.Kasey is suppose to be taking PTO in a few days. You said Emerson? >>

< : Emerson Villanueva, Juliette Amara. 07/24.>

<< Gia: Her file wasn't in general. It's probably in Dr.Kelsey's sealed files. That would mean she was considered a high profile patient.>>

< : She's a friends family member. I can't say names. >

<< Gia: Oh, okay. Her name just sounds so familiar?>>

I try and come up with something. I managed to keep Juliette away from the media. For the most part. But if Gia so much as searched Juliette and Tom, or Tom Kaulitz girlfriend, mystery girl exposed at party, or anything along those lines, the past few months would be a waste.

<< : Probably not. When can I see you again?>>

<< Gia: I'm free Monday??>>

<< : I'll pick you up. >>

"Who are you texting?" Bill asks glancing down at my phone. I put my phone away trying to seem casual about it. "Vince." I lie. He parks the car and we get out. "You've never kept a secret from me before." He mumbles. "Are you ever going to tell me what made you snap and force Juliette back to the house?"

I flinch and stop walking, feeling a wave of fear and panic overcome me.

You thought you hide forever?

That eery voice had been haunting me for months now. I shudder, feeling myself trying to shut down.

Promise me.

I shake my head, trying to replace that wicked voice with Juliette's soft voice. I promised I would stay for her. And I would.

"No." I mumble as I walk past him into the bakery. The two girls standing behind the counter go wide eyed, gasping as Bill walks in behind me. "Oh my god, you're.. you. You guys.." One of them squeals. I chuckle and look around at the small bakery.

"My friend totally loves you!" The other girl squeals to my brother. Bill laughs nervously and looks at the first girl who was just thrown under the bus. I can't help but laugh. If Alysa were here, she'd probably stare down the girl, or she'd blame Bill for being someone's crush.

"Sorry girls, he's engaged." I chuckle referring to the lunatic that would be my soon to be sister-in-law. I look down at the first girl's name tag. "Julia." She blushes as I say her name, smiling widely. "Uhm. Cake?" I say looking towards the line of cakes they had.