(35) The Promise

(A/N: For this Ch. anything italicized is a flashback! Enjoy! xo - a.)

Tom
"She just came down from the rooftop and left." Alysa calls out behind me as I run past them down the stairs. "MOVE." I shout in a panic at people as I push and squeeze past them without a single regard.

"Tom?" Kora calls out. I ignore her and continue frantically pushing through people.

"She saw her kiss you." Rosie growls.

My heart immediately plummets. She hated me. She had to. She thought the worst, and rightfully so.

"TOM! TOM WHAT HAPPENED!?" These annoying camera people shout as they begin flashing their cameras. "Get my car, GO!" I yell at the incompetent valet guy. I frantically pull my phone out. "Mr.Kaulitz?" Vince immediately answers. "Where is she going?" I growl. "It seems home."

"IS IT OVER TOM? WHAT NUMBER BREAK UP IS THIS!?"

"Tell me about Juliette." Kora asks.

"Please, please." I whisper, zooming between cars on the road. My left leg was frantically shaking. I roll down my windows feeling I couldn't fucking breathe.

"There's not a single word that comes close to describing her." I chuckle. "She's Juliette."

There's a low rumble. A sudden strike of light in the dark and gloomy sky and the gentle downfall of a sprinkling rain.

Kora frowns. "She must love you. I would have left after the first time." She mumbles.

Another lightning strikes the sky as I slam the brakes on my car. My chest nearly hits the steering wheel from the abrupt stop. But that didn't matter right now. I slam the car door shut as I race towards the apartment.

"JULIETTE!!" I shout as I bang the door. No answer. I begin ringing the doorbell. But no answer. Nothing. "JULIETTE PLEASE!!" I beg, frantically banging the door. Fuck. I pull my phone out, dialing Gray.

"Hello?" He says, picking up the first ring. "Gray! Gray. Gray open the door. I'm outside. Juliette isn't answering." I groan. "Tom I'm not home. What's going on?" He asks. Not home. Fuck. I kick the door in frustration. "Gray I-I.. I did something. Well not did. Someone else did, but I.. and, and Juliette.. fuck gray." I groan.

"Juliette please open the door!" I shout, frantically jiggling the doorknob. My eyes were stinging with tears that wanted to come out. "Tom head towards the mailbox. Type in 0724 to open it. The star symbol to lock it afterwards. I keep a copy of the key in there."

"But how did you know?" Kora asks me. "How did I know what?" I ask her. "How did you know it had to be her?"

I'm startled by a loud crackling whip noise from the sky. The rain had started to fall harder. I look up at the dark skies that were flashing and raining, pulling my hoodie on. My hand was shaking. The key was rattling inside the mailbox, from my uneasy and wet hand. I couldn't fucking grab it. From the corner of my eye there's a shadow moving. I turn around realizing it was Juliette, trying to make a run for her car that gray bought her a few months ago. No. No. No.

I slam shut the mailbox. "JULIETTE!" I shout running towards her, terrified of her getting in that damn car and driving off.

"She asked me to let her go once. And I let her walk. And I couldn't. I felt I was dying those few minutes that I stood outside of her door, begging her to not make me." I shake my head recalling that night. (A.N: In case anyone wants to relive this reference to book 1 BMH: Let Me Go.)

"Juliette wait!" I shout, grabbing her arm and stopping her from getting in. "LET GO!" She screams at me, pulling her arm away. She looks around frantically, pulling her hoodie closer to her. Her gray hoodie was beginning to turn a dark murky gray as it becomes saturated with the rainfall. "Juliette I didn't know you were there in that moment." I groan. She sniffles and stares at me. The rain made it impossible to tell if she was crying or not. But I knew she was. Her eyes were subtly red. Her eyelashes were no longer wispy. Instead they were clumped together. And the corner of her eyes had some black stuff smeared.