(33) Someone

Josiah
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense." She looks up at me from her book. I'd been watching her for the past 30 minutes. Her emerald green eyes force me to smile at her. "What?" She asks as she sets the book down.

Flashback

"What?" She asks me. "Jules I have zero idea what you just read to me." I laugh, pulling the book away from her. She laughs and pulls the book back, staring down at the cover of Pride and Prejudice. "I knew you wouldn't like this." She sighs, running her fingers across the cover of the book. I frown and lower my gaze to the bed. "Jules I'm not him."

She stays quiet, opening the book to silently read.

"What?" I ask pretending to be confused. She smiles and sets the book down. Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland. Her favorite book. "Do you not like it?" She asks.

I knew you wouldn't like this.

I didn't Jules. But strangely enough. I do. At least now. Every book Emilia read to me, I couldn't help but cling to every word. I'd often stare at her, at the way she'd get lost among the words in front of her.

"I do."

She raises an eyebrow, smiling at me. She knew I was hiding something. "Tell me." She says leaning over and tilting her head to the side in excitement. "Tell you what?" I ask her, nervously laughing. She smiles and leans in closer. Her emerald eyes glimmer as the sun hits them.

I chuckle and look away from her. "Fine." She sighs leaning back and picking up the book. "..Nothing would be the same.."

I look back at her, finding myself smiling again at the sound of her voice. At the way her lips would move with every word she read. The way her hair would brush against her cheeks as she looked down at the book. At her.

She stops reading and looks up at me with those emerald eyes that seemed to always make my heart stop. "I like you Emilia. A lot more than I thought I would." I finally blurt out. She stares at me seemingly caught by surprise. "What about Jules? Do you still.."

"I do." I admit. Emilia frowns and lowers her head in disappointment. "But that's different from what I feel for you."

She manages to crack a smile that gave away her sadness. "Different how?." She mumbles quietly. "Different in that.. I think this is where I'm meant to be right now. Lying on a bed with you. Listening to you read these books that months ago would have driven me to sleep. Staring at a pair of emerald green eyes that just.. wow. Make me feel like home."

I take her hand and run my thumb over the back of her hand. "I never felt this way. Not with Rosie where everything seemed so fast paced and superficial. Not with Jules when everything was over complicated and feeling like I was constantly at war for even a sliver of her attention. But with you.. The girl with the auburn hair and emerald green eyes. And I finally understood."

Her bottom lips being to tremble. She chuckles and wipes an eye with the back of her hand. "It was always going to be you Emilia." I whisper as I lean in, smiling, and gently push my lips against hers. She laughs mid kiss, although it was more of a coping mechanism in an attempt to stop herself from crying. "You can't say those things to me." She whispers. "I'll start believing you."

I smile and cusp her cheek, shaking my head as I lean in again, stopping an inch away from her lips. "I'm not going anywhere Emilia. I'm yours. As long as you'll have me."

A single tear runs down her face as she slowly nods her head. She leans in and pushes her lips against mine, holding the hand I had against her cheek.

I always wondered why it couldn't be me. Why Juliette couldn't have chosen me. I was everything she needed. Everything she deserved. Why did it have to be him. Kaulitz. It use to eat me alive. Till I met Emilia.