(7) It Was All a Show.

Juliette
"How long did you know." I ask him. He hangs his head low, scratching the back of his ear.

"Austen." I say, shoving him away from me. "Since he left." He mumbles under his breath, looking away from me. I scoff. My bottom lip was trembling, and my eyes were puffy from crying on the way here.

The screaming and cursing had eventually stopped. The sound of glass shattering and loud crashes, had all gone silent. I look around at the house that was only minutes away from my apartment with Alysa. A house Alysa and I sometimes passed on our way to the city.

There's a loud silence as Bill comes down the stairs, his eyes immediately stop at Alysa who had been crying since we left the club.

She stops pacing and turns to look at him. "Hi." He almost whispers to her from across the room. She stays silent, as he begins walking towards her. She shakes her head at him with every step he takes as she slowly backs away from him.

He nervously slips his hands into his pockets. She furrows her eyebrows, a noticeable lump goes down her throat as she swallows. "Alysa.." he mumbles as he reaches for her arm that was tightly wrapped around herself.

There's a loud slap that interrupts the silence as Alysa's hand meets Bill's cheek. Both Austen and I flinch. "You should have stayed in Germany." She hisses to him as she walks out the front door. Bill turns to look at me, his own eyes now glossy and his cheek beginning to turn red. "Hey Jules."

I look away from him. I hear him chase after Alysa, the door slamming shut behind him. I look back towards Austen who had his head hanging low, his right leg bouncing the way it does when he knows he's done something wrong.

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" I ask him. He begins fidgeting with his fingers. "He made me promise Jules." He mumbles. I scoff, accidentally sobbing in between. "Why?"

There are soft footsteps that echo from behind me. She looks down at me as she stops midway. "I think I can answer that." She says. Her voice was so soothing to listen to. It was soft and gentle, but it was stern. She had the same German accent as Tom and Bill only hers wasn't as noticeable given how soft spoken she was.

For reasons unknown, perhaps maybe because of my curiosity, I follow her upstairs. She walked so gracefully.

She turns her head, quietly peeking into a room before continuing down the wall. I linger behind, poking my head through the half open door. There was shattered glass everywhere. A round circular table knocked to the ground. There were empty, broken picture frames on the floor. The drawers of the dresser were all open, a few laid on the ground broken, and the clothes sprawled across the floor as if he were looking for something he misplaced. There was a wad of towels splattered with blood on the floor.

And in the center of the room, on a naked bed with the exception of a grey blanket thrown loosely on him, laid the other half of my soul.

He was curled up like a child who was scared. One hand laid beneath his face, the other hung from the side of the bed, curled into a tight fist with something small and dainty hanging from it.

There's a small click from where she had walked towards. I take one last look at him, before continuing down the hall where she waited. Her back was to me as she leaned against the balcony's wooden rail. I close the door behind us, hesitantly walking towards her.

Her medium length hair rested beneath her shoulders. She was maybe 3 or 4 inches taller than me. Maybe 5'6. The perfect height for Tom. She was fair skinned. Not a single imperfection on her face. Her cheeks were naturally flushed. Her lips were a natural shade of pink. And she smelled floral like with hints of cherries. Her emerald green eyes almost twinkle as the moonlight hits them. She was undeniably breath taking to look at.