1

Hayley

I struggle to button my pants as I hurriedly get ready for my first day of work at a new firm. If only I hadn't been up late stalking the guy I've met ONCE in my life maybe, just maybe I wouldn't have been running late. I quickly get dressed, do my hair, stuff a half burnt bread into my mouth and squeeze into the elevator. I'm about to start my car and my phone rings displaying the name 'Luce' which instantly brings a smile on my face.

"Hey bestie!" She screams into the phone.

"Hi Luce!" I say as I start my car.

"Is my girl ready for the first day of work?"

"She totally isn't. And she's running late." I complain

"Ugh I told you to not be up stalking Aaron Warner on Pinterest who let me remind you is fictional! "
If only she knew who I was stalking.

"I know. I promise I'll let you lecture me but I'll call you later okay?"

"Yes. You better. All the best Hay, kill it.!"
" Thanks Lucy!"

I put on some lipstick and give myself a little pep talk before walking into my new office, smiling at every face I see.

" Hey! " A sweet voice comes from behind me. I turn around to find a beautiful ,elegant woman smiling at me.

"Hi. I am Hayley, Hayley Campbell. I'm a newbie in the executive department." I return her a wide smile.

" I know, Hayley. I'm the HR, Olive." she laughs.

"Oh. Ohhh. I'm sorry I didn't rec-"

"It's fine Hayley. Chill out dude." I give her a small wobbly smile.

She then introduces everyone, informs me about what I have to do,where I have to report, wishes me good luck and leaves. I think she was in a hurry to be somewhere else because she forgot to tell me the name of the person I had to report to. She seems like a really sweet person though.

I make my way into the elevator after a lot of hellos and small intros. The as I near the cabin of the executive head, the hair on my hands rise. It's probably anxiety or something. I take a deep breath and open the door and- HOLY SHIT.