57

Hayley

Yesterday. Was. Unreal. Everything was perfect yesterday. But that's the thing - it's always perfect with Nick. Actually it's perfect because of Nick. Between us, it's always been Nick who's been doing everything, making everything perfect. So tonight, it's my turn. I'm going to make it as perfect as he is and I am going to make him feel the way he deserves.
I keep checking the items in my list as I walk around my house which is decorated with lights and candles. He likes everything simple and subtle but he's romantic. So everything is just like he likes with a touch of me in it- the lights are not very bright, dim. The candles are coffee scented, and my man loves white hydrangeas. So, they gotta be there for sure. After checking everything I go to my kitchen and taste everything for the hundredth time- I cooked Mexican food for him. All his favourite dishes made by ME! My touch is the dessert - cupcakes (of course) and strawberries dipped in chocolate. I check the 'Get wine' item in my list- iced tea for me. Also, there's my room- covered with dim moon lightings, roses and white hydrangeas. I'm wearing the white dress he loves with my hair loose but neatly set with my moon clip. The room gets special attention and love because tonight is THE NIGHT. The night of my confession. The night I'm going to tell him that I love him. I think a part of me has loved him since the day I saw him at the party but now, it's not just a part. All of me loves him, is in love with him. Whole and soul. I know he knows, but tonight I'm going to say it out loud. And..... I am also going to tell my parents about him. I don't want my parents knowing about us to be very sudden or come as a shock. Because...... they are still not over my past relationship. They get so overprotective and panicked when I do something as mere as talk to a guy. I know why they act like this, because they love me - their little hailstorm. That's why I'm going to explain it to them slowly and make sure they're fine too. And for this I need Nick. I might even have him talk to them so that they know that this man is perfect- more than perfect for their baby. I can already hear the tornado of questions they are going to ask so I have to be very careful with them. I take a deep breath. This is THE most important night of my life. My fingers are crossed, praying nothing goes wrong.

~

I think my heart is going to pop out of my chest. It beats faster with every step I take towards the door as the doorbell rings. This is it. This is happening. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. My shivering hands reach for the doorknob and turn it. I slowly open the door an-
"HIIII HAYBUG" "HOW ARE YOU HAILSTORM?"
My parents shout as they both pounce on me, squeezing me like a pillow.
What. The. Hell.

"Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?" I try to break the hug but they don't let me.

" We're here to see you Hay. Surprise!" My dad squeezes harder but my mom slowly breaks the hug. She looks around my house and cocks her brow, " I guess our timing is bad. Is it Hayley?"
I swallow hard. "No mom! It's uh.... perfect. I'm just in a huge shock right now." I let out an awkward smile.

"Well then what is all this Hay?" My dad asks sweetly.

"It's..... it's ..... I just felt like pampering myself today, dad. Kind of like a date with myself. Self love is becoming very popular these days so I just .... uh thought of giving it a try." I shrug my shoulders while praying that they believe it. My parents stay silent for a few seconds but then their mouths curve into smiles.

"It's great to see you finally doing things for yourself, hailstorm. And you look beautiful." My mother says as she gently strokes my hair.

I smile and invite them inside. It's a good thing my room is closed. But the bad thing is that Nick can be here at any moment now. Oh god. What am I going to do? What will I tell my parents? What will I tell Nick? How am I going to handle this? Ohgodohgodohgod.