49

Hayley

I put on a black turtle neck and pants paired with black boots for office today. I tie my hair into a neat pony tail, take my box of cupcakes and leave for office. I'm finally back to happy songs...... love songs, thanks to Mr. Grumps. I greet everyone with smiles and get into the elevator. Nick must've been here recently because I can smell his scent in the elevator. It reminds me of our kiss the day before. I walk out of the elevator. It's only been one day but I already miss him, the feel of our lips together, my hands on his neck, his hands in my hair, my hips on his. Oh god, the things I'd do to go back to that moment. I keep my bag on the table and sit when Nick walks out of his cabin. I smile at him.

"Good morning Mr. Grumps!" I say excitedly.

"Morning Hayley." He walks towards me.

Ugh. Why Hayley? Where did 'moon' or 'baby' go?

"I got you cupcakes." I take out the box from my bag.

"Thank you but I can't have them now. We are going to have lunch together in my cabin today. Bring them with you." He says as he puts his hands in his pockets.

I pout then raise my brows. "We are going to have lunch together?"

"Is there a problem?"

I shake my head and get back to work as he leaves when something suddenly strikes me. Luce. She needs to know about us. I've got so much to share with her. I quickly complete the work in hand and call her up.

"Hey Lucifer!" I say nervously.

She instantly catches it and asks, "What's wrong Hay?"

"Nothing. But, I need to tell you something and I need you to sit down and calmly listen to me."

"You're making me very worried now, Hay. Just say it."

"Okay. Okay. So IkissedNickandhelovesmeandIthinkweareinarelationship." I blabber.

"Son of a bitch.You what?He what? You both what?"

I explain everything to her - my year long crush on Nick and whatever happened between us - the moments of proximity and electricity, the tension, his confession......yeah, everything. My dramatic ass bestie gasped and screamed with every word that I spoke. She's a little hesitant about Nick because of what happened before but she'll come around when she knows how amazing he is. She supports me though. She said she's wants me to be happy and she'll be by me even if it means, she said and I quote, 'to tolerate Nicolass.'

~

I walk towards his cabin with my box of salad and cupcakes. I open the door, he's not there but his table is decorated with boxes of cupcakes and plates Mexican food (our favourite). I slowly walk inside when his voice comes from behind me.

"Like our lunch? I ordered our favourites." He closes the door.

"I love it!" I jump on him and hug him. "Thank you Mr. Grumps."

He puts me down and smiles at me. "Shall we start?"

I nod excitedly, sit down and we start opening the boxes together. I place my boxes on the chair next to me.

"Where are your cupcakes?" Nick asks.

I hesitantly point towards the chair. "Right here. But don't worry we don't have t-"

"Give them to me." He orders.

"But you don-"

"Hayley.Give them to me."
I hand over the box of cupcakes to him. He starts eating the cupcakes I made and asks me to eat some food. I take some food on my plate and start eating. I'm dying for more but I force myself to not have more.
Thank you so much, Dave.
"I'm sure all of your money gets wasted on food. Eat less, it's showing. You look like a balloon."

"What are you doing!" I shut the voice in my head and jump from the chair as Nick starts serving me more food, fully filling the plate.

"I know you want more." He doesn't stop.

"Nick, I can't." I raise my brows in a requesting way.

"Why?" He asks sternly.

"What do you mean why?"

"Why are you not eating more? You clearly want to."

I sigh and mutter under my breath,"I'll get fat, Nick."

"So what? It's your body. You can get fat if you damn want to" He walks to me.
I chuckle but it's humourless.

"Would you like me if I look like a balloon ?" I look away.

He cups my face in his hands.
"Who cares, Moon? It's your body. You don't have to maintain it for anyone other than you, especially not me. I like you just the way you are baby. I don't care if you look like a balloon or freaking Gal Gadot, I will always love you for who you are."

God.What did I do to be loved by this man?

"Nick. Y-you-" I sigh. "You've made me the luckiest girl in the whole universe, Nick because you love me.I don't know what I did to deserve you." I hug him and melt in his arms.
"I'm the lucky one here, Moon." He strokes my hair. "Now eat?" He asks.

"Yes! I'm starving." I sit on the chair and start eating. When I look at him, his gaze is fixed on me and he's smiling. He looks so adorable. I take a taco and bring it near his mouth. He leans and takes a bite sexily. Is it even possible for someone to eat sexily?

"So you like Gal Gadot?" I smile at him teasingly.
He rolls his eyes. I raise my brows and excitedly say, "so you do like her. She your favourite?"

"Yeah. I guess."

"Noted." I make a tick in the air.
We have the best time during lunch - eating, talking, laughing. When we're done, I start packing up, he stands and helps me. Our hands land on the same box, sending a shot of electricity in my veins. He slowly walks behind me, places his hands on my waist and pulls me back. My back touches his chest, his groin touches my ass and I can feel his breath on my neck. I gasp when he nips on my ear.
"I don't want you wearing turtle necks, Moon." He rasps ,his hands circling my waist.

I scrunch my brows. "What?Why?"

His lips move down my neck. "They hide your moon."
"Huh?" I ask confused.
"Just stop wearing turtle necks, Moon." He whispers.

"You don't tell me what to wear, Mr.Grumps. I'll wear turtle necks if I damn want to." I sing.
My eyes widen and a gasp releases from my mouth when he spins me around and pulls me closer to him. He bends his head till the tips of our noses touch and his lips brush against mine as he says, "Wear them, Moon and I'll ri-"

"You'll what?" I challenge him.

"If you walk in wearing a turtleneck, I will make sure you won't be wearing them when you walk out." He whispers against my lips.
My lips part and I tug on his collar and pull him into a kiss. His hands move to my neck asking for more but I break the kiss and smirk.
"Challenge accepted Mr. Grumps." I wink and walk out of his cabin. I hear him groan as I close the door which makes me smirk even wider.