21

Hayley

I take a few more days off to complete the work I had remaining. Nick didn't stop sending the cupcakes to me- 'You didn't eat the previous ones.' he said. I smile wide, holding a cupcake.
Lucy is still not happy with me forgiving Nick so easily but I know she'll understand sooner or later. I finally join back office after weeks. Everyone asks me where I have been all these days, I tell them I was really sick. Walking towards my desk, I almost don't notice AA coming out of Nick's office, thanks to my airpods which are currently blasting 'You need to calm down' by Taylor Swift on full volume. I stop the music.

"Ms. Campbell?" He smiles like the devil he is.

"Yes sir?"

He starts walking towards me. "Why don't we complet-"

"Hayley. I need the remaining files. Now." Nick interrupts.

"Yes sure." I smile.

Andres growls and leaves.

"Thank you." I say settling on my desk.

He walks towards me. " You don't need to thank me for anything. Ever."
He rubs the back of his neck and softly says,"Thank you for coming back."

I smile at him. I see Olive appear for behind him. She pounces at me and hugs me. "You're back! I missed you."

I hug her back. " I missed you too Ol."

She smiles at me then turns towards Nick. "You did one thing right. Proud of you." She pats him.

He rolls his eyes at her but she just laughs, hugs him and kisses him on the cheek. She kissed him? Something burns in my chest and I almost roll my eyes.
Wait. No. I can't be jealous of Olive. Over Nicholas. What is wrong with me? Ugh.

" Hey? Hayley?"

"Hm?" I say, still in my thoughts.

"Did you hear what I just said?" Olive's voice brings me back. I just look at her.

She walks towards me. "We're having an office party next week." She says excitedly.

"Oh yes. Of course. So excited." I smile.

"I know right! I'll tell you all about it later. Gotta go now." She winks.

"Okay sure. See you."
She waves us bye and enters the elevator.

"Hayley, I hope to have the files at the end of the day." Nicholas says.

"Yes of course." I nod. He nods back and leaves.