16

Hayley

I get ready to initiate our plan today. I'm going to ruin AA's life today. I wear a black mini dress with a blazer and lace up heels. I accessorize myself with long black hoops a bracelet and put my makeup on. I get into my car and don't make any conversation with anyone till I reach my floor. Nicholas's cabin door is opened, he is speaking to someone on his phone with his free hand in his pocket. Our eyes lock as we I walk towards my desk. According to our plan, Olive comes out of the elevator give me a thumbs up and takes Nicholas away. I go towards the asshole's cabin, take a deep breath and open the door. He looks at me and says, "Hi, Hayley. You look sexy."

"Thanks sir. You too." I force myself to smile.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" The devil smiles back.

"Well you said you needed something from me. I'm here to give it to you sir." I say slowly taking off my blazer. His gaze moves up and down my body, I turn around and place my blazer on a shelf, rechecking if the recorder app is on. He stands up, walks up to me, greed in his eyes and takes my hand. Rage burns all over me.

"Really? Why Hayley?" He asks stroking his fingers through my arms.

"Well, I heard you were a badass in framing Nicholas's father and I have a thing for badasses" I place my hand on his shoulder.

" You do?" Bastard didn't even think twice before believing me.

" Yes. But I just know the short story." I fix his tie. "I want to hear it all." I say moving my hands over his chest. "From the man himself."

He smiles and I can see the lust in his eyes. Bloody fucker. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me towards him and asks, "What do I get if I do?"

"Anything you want Mr. Kennedy"
"Fine then." He says sitting on his chair. "Sit on my lap darling."

It takes everything in meto do as he said but I do, for Nick. And Ol and for every girl this fucker has set his eyes on. The moment I've waited for finally comes. Placing a hand on my thigh, he says,
"Well darling, I hired some very sexy local actresses to join me and the dumbass Lewis to a board meeting. I said I was running late so it was just him and the girl-"
The door slams open and I jump up. Nicholas stomps towards me, his eyes red with rage. He grabs my wrist,my blazer and starts dragging me out of the cabin.
" How dare you Parke-"
"It's better if you shut up Mr. Kennedy. this is between me and my employee." Nicholas says slamming the door.

" Nick! Nicholas! Listen to me" I shout but he doesn't listen and keeps pulling me. He shoves me into the elevator, I almost crash into the railing.

"NICHOLAS. YOU'RE HURTING ME. PLEASE STO-

"Sir. It's sir, Ms. Campbell." He shouts. I try very hard to release myself from his hold but he's holding me so hard it feels like his fingers are piercing into my skin like a needle. He drags me out of the basement and finally releases me.

" I never thought you could do something like this." He shouts. "Is this why you changed firms? Huh? Your last boss didn't want their employees to seduce them? Did you do want money or did you just find the opportunity to fulfill your pleasures here? Answer me!"

Tears roll down my cheeks as I shake my head. "What are you saying?" My voice breaks.

"The fucking truth." He barks. " Do you know how many lives that man has ruined? Do you know what kind of a man he is? I know you do, then why?" He grabs both my arms and shouts, "Why would you still do it? For money? For pleasure?"

"You don't know what you're saying." I shout.

"I totally know. However, what I didn't know was how cheap you are."
I couldn't even see him clearly because of the tears streaming down my face.

"STOP! JUST STOP" My eyes sting as I shout.

He takes a deep breath as if to calm himself down and slowly says, "Why would you do this knowing what that man did to my father, to Ol, to me." His voice breaks on the last word. When I don't answer he says, "Please answer me, Hayley.Why?" The words come out as a shaky whisper.

"For you!" I snap. He looks at me, stunned. I continue, "I did it for you, Olive and for your father. It was all a plan. To seduce him into confessing what he did to your father to me and record it." I snatch my blazer from his hand and take out my phone which is still recording , and hold it in front of his face.
"It was all a plan. But you didn't bother to hear me out. You just barged in ruining our plan and judging me completely unaware of the truth."
The colour drained out of his face. Guilt and regret slowly taking over the rage in his eyes.
" I knew you didn't like me. I knew you didn't trust me. I hope I knew what you thought of me too." I sit down on the floor crying. "You know, people have made me feel bad about myself many times but this, this made me lose my self-respect. I could believe you hated me but I could never think that you thought so low of me." I can't stop crying.

He mutters a cuss and sits down in front of me."I'm - I'm sorry. I - I didn't mean t-"
I raise my hand to stop him from speaking, stand up and run toward the elevator. He runs behind me, "Hayley, please stop. I would never have said all that if I knew."
I run into the elevator and shut it before he can enter. The first thing I do is find Olive. She runs towards me when she looks at me and says, "I'm so sorry, Hay. Nick saw the cctv footage of you going into AA's room and-"
"It's not your fault, Ol. Can I ask you for a favour?"

"Yes of course. Anything."She puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Can I take a few days off?" I ask while packing my things.

"Of course darling. But-"

"Thanks Ol. Bye."
I run towards the stairs ignoring Olive calling out my name, because Nicholas will be in the elevator .
I run into my car and rush home calling Lucy.