5

Hayley

I didn't talk to Nicholas for the rest of the day. I was busy working and trying to make friends at the new office. Olive is the best of them all. She's just so welcoming and sweet. Talking to her felt like we had known each other for years.

I packed up my things and walked towards the elevator. As I touched the button, a hand came over mine in an attempt to press the button. Electricity ran through my veins.
"Sorry" Nicholas said as he drew his arm.
"Oh it's okay." I smiled. We waited for the elevator in silence and silence kills me so I saw it as my responsibility to kill it before it killed me. As we walked into the elevator I gave him my widest smile and said,
"Hiee! How was you day?"

"Hectic" He answered dryly.

" Um. Okay. Wait. I have exactly what you need then." I fidgeted through my bag and took out a box.
"I don't need anyth-"

"Shhhhhh. Here you go" I told holding a cupcake right in front of his mouth.

"Seriously?" He said and looked at me like he couldn't believe me. I didn't remove my hand for a while.

"Well? are you planning on taking it? Cause my hands are starting to ache."

"Do you go around carrying cupcakes in your bag?"

I roll my eyes."It was my first day so I needed something to treat myself with c'mon"

He shaked his head and sighed irritated proving my theory- There are two different people, Nick and Nicholas for sure.

"Sorry lil cupcake, someone decided to be grumpy to sweet things today." I muttered to myself and to the cupcake of course. I swear I saw his lips twitching from the corner of my eye. I sighed and started to bring the cupcake towards me but Mr.Grumps stopped me.
"Fine." He held his hand out. I smiled ear to ear and gave the cupcake to him. He took a bite and almost moaned but the elevator door opened.

"Well thanks Ms. Campbell." He said taking another bite.
Ms. Campbell? Ugh.

Walking out I said, "you're welcome." I stopped midway and turned around, "also, it's Hayley." I smiled and waved him goodbye .