24

Hayley

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
It's surely a dream. My alarm is going to ring anytime now and I'll let out a sigh of relief that it was just a dream. Then I'll wash my face and shake it off. I take a deep breath. Shit. It wasn't a dream. It was real. I can still feel the heat of his touch, on my ear, on my waist, on my neck. I can smell his cologne on me. Bold and masculine.

I'm going to faint. I'm surely going to faint. I can't even tell anyone. Lucy would freak out because she still hates him and Olive- no way in hell.

I take deep breaths for a few moments. I hear Olive slamming Nick's door. Fuck. I messed up big time. I knew there was something between them yet I didn't stop him. But if there was something then why would he start whatever happened . Shitshitshitshit. What will I tell Olive? How will she-
"Hey. Is everything alright?" She puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Uh. Yeah. Yeah of course. Everything is alright. Why won't it be? Yeah. Everything's fine." I blurt.

"Yeah it sure seems so." She crosses her arms.
She knows. Goddamnit. I don't know what to say so I don't make eye contact.
She sighs. "Hay, you can tell me if something's wrong. You looked like you saw a ghost. Did Nick say something to you again?"

Wait. She doesn't know? Or she just wants me to confess.I look at her, she looks genuinely concerned.

"No. He didn't do anything, Ol. I swear everything is fine." I lie.

"You sure sweety?"

"Yes. I'm just hungry. Very hungry." I rub my stomach.

She let's out a chuckle and says, "I'll grab you something."

"Really? You're an angel." I hold her hand.

"Bye drama queen." She laughs.

"Bye Angel." I smile. She smiles back and leaves.