58

Hayley

"Hello Naomi. Where's Nick?" I ask Naomi, Nick's housekeeper.
After saying goodbye to my parents, I speeded home. To Nick- my home.

"He went to the gym, mam. He said he needed to blow some steam." She replies sweetly.

"Okay. Thank you." I nod and rush down the stairs towards the gym next street. I know I messed up yet again but I'm promising myself this is the last time. I love Nick and now, I'm not letting anything-not even myself- mess it up. Nick has given me all the happiness in the world and all I've done is hurt him. Not anymore.

I run my way into the gym earning confused looks from people. My eyes search for something deep brown- so deep you could get lost. I keep looking around the gym and there he is- bench pressing in a sleevless black training shirt and shorts, droplets of sweat on his hair. I don't care how hot and sexy he looks right now. I run over to him and stand above his head. Nick suddenly drops the weight creating an unusual loud noise and stands up quickly. Everyone looks at us like we're aliens.

"What are you doing here?" Nick asks without any emotions in his voice.

"I need to talk to you." I reply.

"Hayley, I know I shouldn't have walked away but I really don't want to talk to you right now." He says looking away, anger and frustration in his voice.

" Shouldn't have walked away? Of course you should have walked away. It's good you did. I deserve it. But, this is important. I need to talk to you Nick. Please?" I say softly.

He closes his eyes for a moment and runs a hand over his hair.
"Fine. Go to the terrace. I'll be there in five."

I nod and go to the terrace. The moon looks beautiful tonight. It is a full moon- so bright surrounded by stars.

"What is it, Hayley? I told you I didn't want to talk to you now." Nick's voice comes for behind me. I spin around and take a step towards him.

"Nick, I know I messed up. Big time! But my parents came all of a sudden and then you were there too and they didn't know about you an-"

"Why would they know about me? Afterall I'm just your boss right?" He doesn't even look at me as he snaps.

"No No No, Nick. You know, you're not
just my boss. You're my......"

"Your what? Friend? Emotional support fuck? Boss who you hook up with?" He looks into my eyes and takes a two steps towards me. There's hurt and anger in his dark brown eyes as he asks, "What am I to you, Hayley?"

"Everything. You're my everything, Nick." I step towards him till our chest touch.

He looks away again. I cup his face in my palms gently turning it till he looks at me and softly say, "You are my world, Nick. My life. My everything. You are the sun to my moon. I shine because of you, I live because of you."

"I don't believe it anymore, Hayley. I've been trying to become worthy of you. To deserve you. And I am going to keep trying till my last breath. But boss?"
He clenches his teeth and removes my hands from his face.
"That is what I am to you. Thank you for letting me know, Hayley."

My vision blurs with tears as he turns away from me.

"NO! Nick. I-it-it wasn't supposed to go this way." I shout but my voice breaks. "Please. Please just listen to me, Nick."

He takes a inhales sharply and slowly turns around.
"Don't you dare cry, Hayley. You know I cannot see you cry."

I blink away my tears. "Please let me explain, Nick."