59

Hayley

6 months later

"What! Really?" Lucy and me shout in unison.

"Yes." Nick says, the corner of his mouth twitching.

"OH MY F-ING GOD! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!" I pounce on Nick and press my lips on his.
He wraps his arms around my waist and smiles. "I love you too, Moon."

"Nick, I take back everything I said about you. Everything! Today, I promise you I will never call you a grumpy ass or tell anything bad about you. I will even stop calling you Nicholass." Lucy says, her hands talking more than her mouth.

"You call me what now? I think I should cancel your ti-" Nick starts but Lucy shouts,
"NO! Nick, I'm sorry okay? You were an ass to me."

"You deserved it. You acted like you were her ex or something. Like she betrayed you by coming to me. Freaking stupi-" Nick starts to counter Lucy but I interrupt.

"Guys, stop! This is a dream! We can't ruin it. We are flying to LA to attend THE ERAS TOUR!"

"Okay. Sorry. Ohmygod! I can't believe it!" Lucy dances in her chair.

"You're the best Mr.Grumps! I love you soooooooo much!" I shout and hug him tighter. He smiles and kisses me, Lucy groaning in the background.

~

The Taylor fever is already crawling up me as I wear a 'Meet me at midnight' sweatshirt and white shorts with my 1989 theme Converse shoes, dancing to 'Lavender haze'. I can't believe this! All the thanks to the love of my life, Nick. The sound of a chuckle stops my dancing. I turn around to find Nick looking at me with his cutest dimples-showing smile. He looks so adorable I want to squeeze him like a teddy bear.

I decrease the volume, narrow my eyes at him and ask, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, Moon. You just look so happy and cute dancing to Taylor Swift. Sometimes I wonder if I make you half as happy as she does."

Half as happy? Oh this man. If only I could explain it to him in words. I walk over to him and sit in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You make me happier. Even happier than all of her songs combined." I say and kiss him on his cheek.

"You don't mean that." He says teasingly.

"Hmm. Maybe I don't." I chuckle. I do mean it, from all my heart. He laughs too and says, "Let's go."

I jump out of his lap and dance in excitement. We both get in the car, with me singing- screaming to be precise- I don't know how he keeps up with me. But what can I say? He's stuck with me. When we reach at the airport, he starts walking towards the VIP and Business queue. My eyes widen and my voice is like a mouse when I ask, " We're travelling business?"
He just smirks. Oh my god!

"Nick! How much did you spend on this? I'm sure you're bank account is broke with the tickets as it is!"

Stupid statement, Hayley. Very stupid. From the day Nick became the CEO, the company and it's stocks skyrocketed. Nick didn't just make our company 100X successful but he also made it clean and free from any corruption or misdeeds- he removed all the people like AA or any corrupt or undeserving board members. 2 months back, he also took full ownership of the company. Buying it from the investors and his father too. So now, he owns the company.

He scrunches his brows and starts, "Hayley, I own-"

I interrupt him in embarassment. "I know. I heard it as soon as I said it. But just because you have money, it doesn't mean you should spen-"

"We've been over this many times, Hay. I like spending on you. It has become one of my favourite things." He says and locks his fingers in mine.

I sigh but finally give up and smile. "What are you other favourite things?" I ask winking at him.

"Can't tell. I'd rather show you. It's a long flight baby." He smirks and I gently punch him on his stomach.

We get into the airplane which didn't take a lot of time. Perks of flying business I guess. The moment we enter the it towards our seat, I keep on gasping- it's my first time! He seems pretty comfortable as if he does this frequently (he does), I on the other hand act like a small baby who has just discovered sugar. I make myself comfortable and sleep while Nick reads some book- I'm sure something related to money or business. When I wake up, there are refreshments on his table but he's engrossed in his book.

"Nick, your food is getting cold." I say.
He doesn't answer me. I frown and try to grab the book from him.

"What th- Hayley, give it back." He orders trying to take the book back but I hold it away.

"No let me see what you're so interested in that you didn't even eat you food."

"Hay-"
He tries but I stop him by reading out the book aloud.
"I leaned down and rubbed my nose against her neck, then raised my head and said, 'Enemies to lovers-it's our trope, Buxbaum."
My voice trails off with each word. I rub my eyes and read it again,in my mind this time. My heart skips a beat and my eyes widen.

"You're reading Better Than The Movies?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes."

"Oh my god. I can't believe this." I ask biting back a smile

"Why not? This isn't the first book. I read Twisted Love, if you remember. And I've bought all the books on your tbr and bookshelf. I'm going to read them all." He says softly.

"Nick, you don't have to."

"I do. Gotta know what my girl likes - what my girl wants."

I'm sure my face is crimson right now. I can feel the heat.

"Everytime I think I've fully fallen in love with you. You make me fall in love even more." I say smiling ear to ear.

Now he's the red one. I continue, "Also, you should know, you reading these smutty romance books for me has turned me on." I smirk.
His smile fades and something changes in his eyes before he comes over to my seat grabbing me by my waist.

~

After two days of going around LA and Nick doing to me everything written in my books, Lucy and Olive finally join us in LA. I can't breathe properly, I can't think straight, can't stand straight because of my excitement. Nick was engrossed in his phone the entire time while Luce, Ol and me jumped in our seats.

When we reached there everyone was dressed up so beautifully in outfits that related to Taylor. I myself was wearing a blue midnights themed dress with gloves. For the first time in my life, I applied blush and eyeshadow and some other stuff Luce suggested.
We wait in our seats for 'mother' and jump like monkeys when she enters.

We're singing 'Love story' with all our heart when Ol shouts."Hay! Look! He's proposing to her."

"Omg! They're so cute. Isn't this like a dream?" Lucy says excitedly.

"It's beautiful!" I say forming a heart with my hands.

"Okay. Which Taylor song would you like to get proposed to?" Lucy asks.

"Love story for sure!!" Olive exclaims.

"Agreed!" Luce beams and they both look at me.

"Um.... I love 'love story' but for me, 'Lover' is it. I don't know the song just feels....... special." I shrug.

"Oooh nice. Nick, take notes." Luce says and winks at him. I blush as he gives her a smile and nods.

My body stills when I hear a deep voice from near me during 'Delicate' I look back to find Nick singing it along. My eyes widen, like they're almost about to pop out of my eye sockets.

"Nick? Your-you're singin-"

"Yes. I am. I learnt the lyrics of all the songs in your playlist. I was uh..... revising them in the car."

Oh my god. I'm going to melt.
"Nick." I breathe. I crash my lips on his as my favourite part of the song comes up, 'sometimes when look into your eyes... '

"You're my lover." I whisper against his lips.