50

Hayley

I put on a beige turtle neck bodycon dress and tie my hair into a neat bun with my favourite moon hairclip leaving some long fringes free on both sides.

“If you walk in wearing a turtleneck, I will make sure you won't be wearing them when you walk out.”

Goosebumps rise under my long sleeves but I still continue getting ready. I mean, what can he even do in a office full of people. He can't do anything.
Right? I shake my head and wear my loop earings and apply some eyeliner and lip balm. I wonder if he was talking about the moon tattoo on my neck when he said turtle necks hide my moon as I tie the lace of my white sneakers. It has to be the tattoo unless he was talking about some totally different moon which he can totally not know about.

~

I walk into the conference room waving and smiling at everyone. I walk towards my seat, to Nick's right and sit down while smirking at him. His lips press into a line as he glares at me.

"Good morning Mr. Parker. " I sing.
A muscle I'm his jaw twitches but he just keeps glaring at me.

"Morning Hayley!" Olive hugs me from behind. I smile and hold her hand.

"Morning Ol." She smiles and walks towards her seat which is across mine.
"Hey Ol?"

"Yeah?" She looks at me.

"What do you think about my dress?" I smile mockingly at Nick. His expression hardens.

"It's beau-" Nick clears his throat, not letting her complete. He leans on his chair crossing his perfect arms.

"Mornin' everyone. I hope all the departments are ready with their reports. We'll be starting with the sales department."
Everyone nod and we start with the meeting. I feel his gaze burning a hole in my body. Halfway into the meeting, I feel a hand gripping my thigh. I widen my eyes at him. He takes his phone and types something with his free hand, my phone lights up with a text notification as he keeps his phone back on the table. I open the text under the table. It's from him.

Nick :  You shouldn't have challenged me, Moon. I am not the the gentleman you think I am. I'm gonna make you pay for it.

I swear I see his mouth twitch from the corner of my eye as my hands twitch thinking of a response to his text.

Hayley : I don't think you're a gentleman. And you can't do anything in an office full of people, Mr. Grumps 😉.

His reply is not a text. He squeezes my thigh hardly and slowly starts to bring his hand up. I feel the heat of his touch in every cell of my body. My dress moves up with his hands. I shut my eyes and scream internally but slowly open them when wide eyed Olive whispers,

"Seriously guys? Stop doing whatever you're doing here. Get a room lovebirds." She narrows here eyes at both of us. I remove his hand from my thigh and look away, towards the report presentations when my phone lights up with a text again.

Mr. Grumps : Cute of you to think so, Moon.

Mr. Grumps : It will be far from cute when I prove you wrong baby.😏

I roll my eyes at him as a reply to which he smirks.

~

The presentations continue for more than half of the day. I didn't sit with him during lunch break. Luckily he did not do anything as he was in a meeting with an international client and got caught up with the presentations after. To get stay away from him I rush out of the conference room as soon as the presentations end. I'm sprinting towards my desk when someone grabs my wrist and pulls me into the janitor's room and shuts it. I shut my eyes in panic and about to shout but the person slaps a palm on my mouth and muffled my scream. Gathering the courage, I open one eye and- what. The. Fuck. I see Nick smirking at me. My nostrils flare as I bite his palm. He flinches and removes his palm.

"What the hell, Nick? You scared the shit out of me" I take a few deep breaths.
He slowly walks towards me and presses me against the door. He places his hands on my hips and pulls me closer.
" You should be scared baby. Wearing this-" he gives me a once over, "even when I told you not you. Not the best idea, Moon."

I roll my eyes and try to remove his hands from my hip but they don't move an inch. I groan in frustration.

"I didn't know you were such a drama queen, Nick. Just let it go. This room is suffocating."
He pulls me even closer till my breasts brush his chest.

"Trust me baby, that's the plan - letting it go." The corner of his mouth tugs up.  "Come to my cabin."

"Don't you think you've been ordering me a lot these days Mr.Drama queen?" I narrow my eyes.

He bites back a snarl and grits,"Listen to me, Moon. If I don't find you in my cabin in 30 seconds, I'm going to bend you over your desk and rip that dress off your body right there."

I swallow hard. Goosebumps rise all over my body. I nod slowly, then he starts walking out of the room.

"26 seconds." He shuts the door.