37

Hayley

"Hie haybae!" Lucy screams into my phone.

"Hey Lucifer. How's it going?" I ask

"Amazing. Remember my new colleague I told you about?"
"Yes?"

"I think I like him."

My eyes widen with excitement. "WHAT? SERIOUSLY?"

"Yes! He's the perfect combination of hot and sweet."

"Omg! Aaaaand?"

"And he asked me out." She blurts.

I jump on my bed. " YES! I knew it the moment you sent me those screenshots. I'm so happy 'the lucifer' finally likes someone."

"I know right! We are going on a date tomorrow." She says excitedly. "We're going to an Italian restaurant."

"Oooh. Italian huh?" I smirk.
"Yeees!" She sings.

"Well then, wish him luck." I laugh.

"Funny." She chuckles.

She pauses for a moment. Her tone turns concerned when she says, "Hay?"
I know where this is going. No god, please no.
"Yes?" My voice is shaky.

"You need to start seeing people again,Hay. It's been years."

Shit. "Lucy" I sigh. "You know what happene-"

"I know, Hayley. And I understand, you know that but you need to know that it's been years. He was an asshole. A huge fucking BLIND asshole who didn't see your worth."
She sighs. " You don't delete a file because of one error right? It's the same. You can't delete dating from your life because of one mistake, hay. You need to start seeing other people babe. Please?"

I stop biting my now bleeding lips and sigh. " You're right, lucy. I .......um yeah..... I will try to go on a few dates. That's if someone wants to go with me." I let out a humourless chuckle.

No man in his right mind would want to be with you.” A voice in my mind says. I shake my head to stop it.

"Of course haybae. You just have to take hints and let them."

"Okay."

"Thanks Hay. I love you so much." She says softly.

"I love you too Luce." I smile.

We exchange good nights and hang up.
I told her I'll do it so I will. For her. And somewhere deep in my heart, for me.