8

Hayley

The work in this company is fun. Exhausting but fun. My colleagues are amazing - Rosie always brings me any dessert she bakes, Phil always helps me with my extra work, olive is the sweetest, and the others are really friendly too. There's just two people who are different. One is Mr. Kennedy, who keeps looking at me inappropriately. Maybe it's all in my head but it's just very uncomfortable when he's around. The second is Mr. Grumpy Parker. He's unpredictable, one day he's acts kinda sweet, helping me understand the ways of the office and the next day, he's all grumpy again.

"Hayley?" A feminine voice breaks my thoughts.
I turn around and find Sam, my colleague struggling with the stack of files in her hands. I help her balance them.

"Hey Sam! What're these for?"

"These are for the shredder." She chuckles.

"Oh. Lol okay. Need help?" I ask.

"Yes! If you're free then please help me?"
I smile and nod and we start walking towards the shredder.

"Sam, can I ask you something?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yeah of course." She puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Do you ever feel weird about Mr.Kennedy?"
Her eyes widen. She turns on the shredder, which is so loud I might go deaf. I raise my brows expecting her to answer. She just shakes her head and leaves.
What the hell?

Something is wrong. I'm sure.

~

I'm driving home when my phone rings. It's my dad.
Peter Campbell is the best father a girl could ever have. He is my support system, cheerleader, partner in crime and everything more.

"Hiee dad!" I shout excitedly.

"Hey Haybug. How are you doing?" He matches my excitement.

"Great dad. The new office is amazing. Everyone is so sweet."
Not everyone but whatever.

"Hmm. So that is why my lil bug has stopped calling huh?"

"No dad! I've just been really busy. That's it."

"It's okay. We understand, Hay. And we're really happy you're so passionate about your work. Just call us twice a month. You'll forget us if you call us any less." My mom's voice comes from my phone.

"Hey mom." I smile. My mom, Sarah Campbell is perfect for my dad. They're like the perfect okok girl and lala boy couple. But when it comes to me, they can be both. We used to talk regularly, till the new office thing came up and I got busy. Now, we talk once in a while.

"Hi Hay. Twice a month. Understand?" My mom's sweet voice is muffled by the phone.

"Yup. But I can call you more than twice too right?" I try to joke.

"Of course Haybug!" My dad laughs.

I sigh. "I miss you both so much."

"We both miss you too, Hayley." My parents say in unison.