6

Hayley

"How your day hay?" Lucy screams into the phone.
"Great Luce." I reply.
"Duh. details Hayley."

Lucy is my best friend. We've been together and inseparable since we were five. She knows almost everything about me, more than anyone knows. Sometimes she knows things about me that even I don't know. I've never kept anything from her except for the incident at Lina's party. She had just got a job in her dream fashion firm so I didn't want to kill her excitement and joy with my breakdown. Also, him. I mean how do I explain I have a little crush on a guy I have met once and he probably saw me breakdown and he is my boss and he probably has a split personality. I mean, considering our bond, I won't be able to keep it from her for very long but I'll try to delay the drama for as long as I can.

"Hello? I'm waiting!!" Her voice breaks my thoughts.

"Nothing exciting. The HR, Olive was really sweet to me and she seems cool and I shared a cupcake with my boss."

"Whaaaat?" She exclaims.
"Well, he was having a bad day." I shrug.
"Tell me he's hot. Please tell me he's hot."

If only you knew, Lucy. He's the definition of hot. He looks like a young greek god. He was wearing a white shirt, black waistcoat and pants today. The shirt hugged his strong muscles like it was custom tailored for him. I could bet all my money that he has abs. Six packs? His hair is so silky and shiny, I'm almost jealous. I mean, How can someone be so freaking perfect?

"Um.... yeah he is kinda hot." I say.
There. Now I'm gonna drown in a tsunami of questions.

"Yes! Omg my bestie is gonna have a workplace romance. I can't wait to see him. Do you have pictures? Should I join your firm?"  I can imagine her jumping on her couch.

"Luce , I understand your excitement but you gotta chill okay? I don't think he likes me very much." Well that's true.

"Way to kill the excitement Hay. So, this Olive......she cooler than me or something?"

"C'mon Luce, no one will ever be cooler than you. Ask your jealous ass to take chill out" I laugh.

"I am not jealous." She huffs.

"Sure babe." I laugh harder.

"Ugh. Why do you know me so well? Anyways, anything you're missing out?"

"Uh. Yeah so the CEO, Andres Kennedy, maybe it's just in my head but the way he looked at me..... made me kind of uncomfortable."  I'm sure she can sense my discomfort.

"The hell he did. Listen, next time he looks at you like that I want you to stab him in the eye with the pencil."

"Okay mam." I say like an obedient student.

"No really babe. Jokes apart, watch out okay?"

" I will. But right now I gotta sleep otherwise I'll be late again so I've got to go. Call you later L. Love you."

"Okay Hay. Love you too."