34

Hayley

While Olive deals with the police formalities, Nick takes me to his cabin. My blazer dress is ruined because of the blood so he slowly removes his blazer and drapes it over me.

"Sit down." We say together.
"You sit down first. You are bleeding." I
say.

"No. I wasn't slammed into a table or held by the neck.Sit down." He puts his hands on my shoulders and slowly makes me sit on the sofa in his cabin.

" But you're bleedi-"

" Do I look like I give a damn about that?" He fetches a heating bag from a shelf. "Just sit there and let me do this, Hayley."

I sigh and nod.My heart skips a beat when he kneels in front of me.
" Where does it hurt?" He slowly asks.
I place my hand on a section on my back. He nods and then asks me to turn around. I stand and turn around.

He places the heating bag where it hurts. I take a sharp inhale in pain.
"Does it hurt a lot?" He asks. I nod.
He takes a step towards me and places his free hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, moon. I really am."

"Sorry?" I turn towards him. "You have nothing to be sorry for. All you have to be right now is happy and - and you should call your father and let him know that you did it." I hold his hands.

" You did it, Hayley. Not me. It was all you and I'm so fucking grateful for it. For you. But you're hurt, because of me. I'll never forgive myse-" I hug him." Shh. Only happiness from now on. Okay Mr. Grumps?"
He sighs." Okay."

I smile into his chest and we tend to each other in silence. Olive comes in, hugs me and thanks me then we edit the recordings captured by the camera and show the proof to the police. After that, Nick and Ol drop me home and I run and squeeze Lucy into a hug.

We won.

~

We partied hard-core for the next two weeks-AA was exposed to the world. All the girls he had manipulated into staying quiet spoke up. He confessed the truth about the framing of Nick's father and finally got what he deserved. Luce was there too. Ol told me about the man she was in love with - he was her childhood sweetheart she'd finally confessed to. Nick became the CEO of the company. He deserved it. Him becoming the CEO crushed my last hope about having a chance with him but I was happy for him. I was so fucking happy for him- after years of failures and hardships, he finally won. Now about me, I became the heroine of the office. It was good at first, all the praises but it was slowly getting tiring.

~

I'm dancing while I get ready for work when my phone rings. Nick.
"Morning Mr. Grumps. " I say cheerfully.

"Morning Ms. Campbell."

He hasn't called me moon since two weeks. Not that I want him to. I mean why would I want him to, he's my boss after all.

"Hayley?" His voice brings me back.
I shake my head. "Yeah?"

"Come down. I'm waiting."

My eyes widen. "What? I'm not ready yet! And why are you outside my apartment? Aren't you busy with...... CEO work? " I blurt.

He chuckles." I'm never busy for you, Moon."
My stomach flips at the word. Finally.

"Um.... Uh okay. Give me a min. " I say as I run out and lock my door.

When I reach down, he's standing against his car, arms crossed. Freaking supermodel. He's wearing a navy blue shirt tucked into white trousers. His sleeves are rolled up, so as I walk towards him, his strong arms come into perfect view. Holy mother of God. He. Has. Veiny. Hands. How much more attractive can he possibly be? It's like God has put all his work into making this man.

"Can we sit if you're done ogling me, Hayley" He asks teasingly.

"I was not ogling you." I roll my eyes.
He grins and opens the door for me. We both settle in his car.

"Any special reason why you're picking me up today?" I ask.

"Do I need a reason? " He leans towards me and buckles my seatbelt.

"I can wear a seatbelt on my own. I'm not a child."

"Oh sure you can. Just like you did last time." He smirks.

I narrow my eyes. "It was one time!"
It reminds me of that night so I say, " Oh and you look good today."

He starts the car and now he rolls his eyes. "It was one time!"
I laugh and reach towards the music system. Style by Taylor Swift starts playing.

My eyes widen. "You listen to Taylor Swift?"

"No. I've heard you sing her songs when you enter the office. And it was playing in the background when I called you. So, I downloaded some songs for you. "

"You downloaded Taylor Swift songs for me? " I point towards me. My voice comes breathless.

"Yes. For you."

For me. He downloaded Taylor Swift songs for me?! God help me.

"Where are we going?" I say while vibing.

"To get you cupcakes. " he says dryly.
"What?" I almost jump in my seat. He nods.

"You're taking me out? To have cupcakes?"
He nods again. This is a dream.

"Thank you! This is the best thing ever! " I say excitedly.

He looks over at me and smiles. He smiles like he did with those children last year. The smile with the dimples that make me go weak in my knees. The smile which makes his face glow and his eyes shine.

You've got that James Dean, daydream look in your eyes.