4

Nicholas

Hayley is not what she looks like. She made it look like she was the happiest person on earth at the party. She was all sunshiny acting like there were butterflies and rainbows all around. Even I believed it when she smiled at me trying to hide that she was checking me out in front of her sister and my bestfriend. I can never forget that day.

She was wearing a black cami dress with roses printed all over, her wavy black hair touching her shoulders. Her hazel eyes shined under the sunlight. She wore moons. Quite literally. A necklace with crescent moon pendant, moon earings, and a bracelet with little moon hangings. She had small crescent moon inked a little below her right ear on her neck. A freaking moon tattoo.
Moon.

She carried positivity and happiness with her. Every person she talked to or even smiled at beamed like they had seen the stairs to heaven.  She was heaven in human form. She seemed perfect. Until........ I saw her cry. I was spending some time with some kids and dogs on the street when I saw her smiling at us. Her smile faded when she saw her phone. She started talking to someone on the phone. Her expression changed from sad to surprised to angry and then I could see tears forming in her eyes when she started running. A voice in my head asked me to follow her. I quickly exchanged goodbyes with the children and looked for her only to find her hugging her knees and crying behind a tree. I was not very close but she might have felt someone watching her as she wiped her tears, fixed her hair and started walking towards where I was standing. I turned around, took out my phone and acted like I just hung up on someone. She walked up to me and waved a hi smiling like she didn't just have a breakdown behind a tree. I was about to ask her what happened but she didn't give me chance to.

"Hieee. I saw you playing with those kids. They're so cute."

"Yeah they are. But why were y-"

" They looked so happy with you." She kept fidgeting with her hands. She might have seen the hint of concern in my eyes as she said, "Whatever you saw, it was nothing. You can just forget it. Lol."

LOL -that is what her mouth said while her shaking hands said otherwise and then she went back to the party talking and dancing with the guests like nothing at all happened. I didn't ask her anything then because it wasn't my place to but ever since then ive been waiting to find out who made her cry like that and punch them till they aren't in the condition to speak anything other than sorry.
She is a person with secrets and I want to unravel them. Day by day, layer by layer.