33

Nick

"Nick Stop!" Olive shouts.

I don't stop. I run towards the door, anger coursing my veins. Ol grabs my hand and tries to stop me so I shout,
"He grabbed her neck Olive! He's going to hurt her. I'm not going to let her get hurt. Leave me!"

"I know Nick!" She shouts back. "I can't see this too. But if you go in there now, everything she's tolerated till now will go in vain. You need to control. It's just a few minutes. Control Nick, for her. "

For her.

I close my eyes, a picture of her smiling flashes. I take a deep breath and walk towards the laptop, my chest hurting. The fucker holds her on the table by her stomach while I stand helpless- I'm two rooms away from her yet I can't do anything. I grit my teeth. I will give him every small pain he's causing her now.

"Stop fighting me!" He shouts. The pill we mixed in his alcohol to make him lose control is acting up.

"Leave me alone!" She shouts. Her pained voice is a stab to my chest.

"I will. After I fuck you. " He laughs. I break the pen in my hand into two pieces.

"You won't!" She snaps.

"I will. Shout all you want. I will do whatever I want with you. And you won't be able to do anything. Just like the girls before weren't able to. Just like Lewis was not able to do anything when I framed him. Like Nicholas and Olive were not able to when they tried to expose me. No one will believe you"
He moves his hand under her dress while Ol grips mine. I squeeze my eyes I can't see this.

"Nick! Open your eyes she's going to stab him with a pen." Ol shouts excitedly.

Just when I open my eyes, I see Andres shout in pain. She stabbed him right in his left eye. That's my girl. I let out a sigh of relief and look away as she runs towards the door.

"NICK! NOW! COME I-" Her voice blasts in my earpiece. I don't think of anything and run towards Andres's cabin. I push open the glass door with such force, it shatters. Their eyes widen-she's standing there, Andres holding her by her neck and shouting in pain and anger, blood trailing down his eyes.

I cover the distance in two strides and grab his neck and collar, lift and slam him into the ground. I punch him. Once. Twice. Again. Again. I can't stop. Her yelp of pain when he slammed her on his table rings in my ears. I punch him till my hands bleed. I don't stop. I'm losing control. I'm going to kill him.I can't stop.... until two arms wrap around me.

"Stop. Nick, please stop. You'll kill him." Hayley's voice breaks. "Nick, please stop. For me."

In the blind rage and chaos in my head, her voice gets through me. And I stop.

"It's done. We won. You finally won Ni-"

Andres's cough interrupts her. "You
bitch. I'll kill you. I'll ruin your liv-"

"I suggest you don't say anything, asshole." She slowly removes her heel and brings it near his other eye."It's over now, Andres. Everything you did to me has been recorded. The police will be here any minute."

"Wha- what? It's not possible. No!" He shouts.

"Shhhh. If I were you, I'd stop talking. Unless you want to be stabbed in the other eye too. That too with a sharper object now. "

My girl. So Fucking strong.

" I will ruin you. I will put you behind the bars and I'll -"

" NYPD. Mr. Andres Kennedy, you are under arrest. "

" This is all a set up. I didn't do anyth-" He tried to shout but the police interrupts him.

" You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."
Two policemen cuff him and drag him out while he shouts and fights.

Ol appears from behind them and takes us into a hug. She starts crying and says, "We did it! You did it Hay! "
"Yes! We did it!" Hayley says happily.
"We did it." I whisper.