29

Hayley

Nick, Olive and I spend the next few days working on our plan. We consider every small detail and every small risk and weave together the perfect plan. We find cameras which can be hidden easily, mini earpieces and microphones, sharp heels for me- 'for safety reasons' as Nick called them, and a few more things. Lucy helps us with designing an outfit for me which will hide the cameras and be sexy enough for AA. The last thing we have to decide is when we'll initiate the plan. We find the perfect opportunity - the office party. It will not only be the perfect day but we might also create some human witnesses against Andres Kennedy.
I practice my lines (Ol suggested we make a script) when the doorbell rings. I open the door and-

"SURPRISE!!!!!!" Lucy pounces on me which makes us both fall back down.

"Luce? OMG." I shout. I can't believe my eyes.

"Hieee Haybae!" She shouts.

"I can't believe you're here. I missed you so much Luce." Tears roll down my face.

"Me too hay-bae." She cries too.

"Hay-bae?"

"Yes babe. You're my Hay and you are Before Anyone Else for me."

"Silly bitch. I love you!" I laugh while crying. Funny I know.

" Love you most Hay-bae."

"Now get off me or you'll crush me."
She laughs and gets off me. We make some coffe and sit on the couch.

"How are you here so soon Luce?" I ask.

"Ask your man Nick."

"He's not my ma- wait. Nick got you here?" My eyes widen.

"Yeah. Apparently, he's a millionaire or something and has great contacts. He got me two weeks off without my pay being cut."

"What? That's amazing! But why would he do that?" Curiosity rises in me.

"He told me that your plan is risky and you might need your best friend." She points at herself.

"But how does he know you're my bestfriend? Is he a stalker or something?" I raise my brows.

"Well...." She hesitates.
Oh god.I call her Lucifer for a reason- she can do anything like anything for me.

"Oh no. What did you do Luce?"

"Don't be mad Hay but when I came here before, when he hurt you, I found him and I um....."

"You what Luce?" I glare at her.

"I burst my anger out on him. I let out a few.....many cuss words and I might have slapped him." She says the last line at the speed of a rollercoaster.

"WHAT! YOU? SLAPPED? NICK?" I can't believe my ears.

" I'm sorry Hay. I was really in that 'how dare you make my bestfriend cry' phase." She explains herself.

"Oh my god Luce! I'm not mad at you. I- how will I face him now?" I groan.

"Sorry Hay." She hugs me.

"I can't believe you slapped someone for me." I hug her back.

"I would kill someone for you bae."

"Me too." I smile.
God, what did I do to deserve her?

"Oh and if it makes you feel any better, I even helped him winning you back. The house keys, decor and stuff." She chuckles.

"LUCIFER! What else have you done about which I don't know?"

~

"Oh. My. F-ing. God. Can I kiss you?" Luce says dramatically.

I roll my eyes. " Too much Luce."

"Too much? No babe. You look smoking hot. I should design your outfits more often." She winks.

"Of course Lucifer." I smile.

I was trying on the dress Luce designed for me. It's a backless black mini dress. It's way too short and and is way out of my comfort zone. It ends right under my ass curve. The straps are the hero of the dress. They hold the cameras. Two straps , two cameras. She also got me a necklace, the pendant of which holds another camera. The camera with the best view and microphone. She also got me a chic blazer dress for the rest of the party. Everything is set and now everything depends on me. And I won't let anything go wrong. I cannot let anything go wrong.