39

Hayley

" Thanks Phil." I smile at Phil as he opens the door to my car.

"Anytime, Hayley." He smiles hesitantly.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

" yeah. Um ..... Yeah I was just wondering if"  his voice trails off and he looks away.
I put my hand on his shoulder and squeeze it gently."Hey is something wrong?"

"No. I was- I was wondering if you would want to go out on a date with me." He blurts nervously.
My body stills with the memories of last time.

“You can't delete dating from your life because of one mistake, hay.”
Lucy's voice echoes in my ears.

I shake off the thoughts of my past and nod. "Yeah. I would love that."

His eyes widen. "Really?"
"Yeah." I smile.

"Does Maroni's on Saturday at 8 sound good?"

"Yeah. Sounds good."

"I'll pick you up?"

"Sure." I give him a wide smile.
He's about to say something but the loud noise of a car stops him. I look towards the car which made the sound.
A Black Rolls Royce.

~

I put on a cute but sexy outfit for the date- a assymetrical satin white dress with shiny white heels. I let my hair loose, letting my beach waves flow and apply some nude lipstick. The look is exactly how I imagined it to be - thanks to Pinterest. I spray some perfume, take my purse, also white and I'm ready to go . I click some pictures for Lucy and send them to her getting thousands of emojis and OMGs in return.
I'm about to call her but my phone rings. Phil.
"Hey phil."

"Hi Hayley! I'm outside your apartment."

"Oh okay. I'm coming." I hang up and take the stairs down. There he is. Standing near his car with a bouquet of sunflowers.
Oh god. I smile at him and search for my allergy pills in my purse. Shit. I don't have them. What do I do now? I keep walking towards him.

"Hey. You look beautiful." His gaze moves from my hair to heels.

"Thank you, Phil. You look great too." He's wearing a black collared t shirt with white jeans and sneakers. Casual but cute.

"These are for you." He moves the bouquet towards me. Oh no. I slowly take them in my hands.

"Let's go?" I ask quickly.
He nods and we sit in the car. I keep the bouquet as far as I can which is not very far as I don't want to hurt his feelings. I can feel the sneezes and rashes forming.

"You can keep them at the back if you want. Don't have to hold them the whole time." He smiles.
Thank God.

I smile and keep the bouquet on the backseat. We talk about our favourites and basic information like our likes and dislikes on the drive. He seems like a really sweet guy, totally my type but there's just something missing.
When we reach, he takes the sunflowers out and we walk towards the table. Please don't keep them on the table. Please don't don't don't don't - he places them on the table. This is going to be a long night.
We order food and talk about a few things like our likes and dislikes. I don't think I can take it anymore. My skin is starting to itch and I've already started sneezing. It's not very bad yet but it won't be long.

"Wine? Champagne?" He asks.

"Um no." I give him a little smile.

"Why not?"
"Um alcohol doesn't suit me." I say.