47

Hayley

I find myself in Nick's arms when I wake up, it's the best feeling- his arms wrapped around me, his warm breath on my hair my hands on his. And there's something else.I feel something hard against my thighs. Oh god. I try to move a little but it only makes it worse as my ass brushes against his erection.

"Stop moving baby. It's not helping." His voice is so hoarse, goosebumps rise on my body.

"Okay." It comes out as a squeak.

He moves back a little but wraps his arms around me tightly. "Moon?"

"Yeah?" I ask softly.

"Talk to me."

"About what?" I scrunch my brows.

"Anything" He kisses my hair.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Just talk. Please." He whispers.

"Um okay.... " I try to think of something.
"So, I have a small reading corner in my house- like a small bay window surrounded by shelves filled with books. It's my favourite spot,other than my bed of course. It does cost me half of my salary but I can't seem to stop. I am a hopeless romantic, you know? I mean I knew I could never find a love like in the books but I still read them wishing one day it could be me. Delusional, I know but once you start reading , it's hard to stop." She smiles and shrugs lightly.

"Don't stop. I'm listening." He kisses my hair.

I think about what to say for a while then start beaming when I decide what to talk about and start excitedly.
"Okay so my most favourite book like THE BEST BOOK is Better Than The Movies. I don't know if you've heard of it but it's like my comfort book. The trope is kind of enemies to lovers which is the most beautiful trope of all. And both the characters are sunshines! I mean Wes Bennett, the male lead is the best sunshine boy ever. He was in love with Liz-the female lead- since childhood but he still helped her woo another guy by fake dating her! Of course they ended up together but the beauty of it is...... just unreal. Aaand they both are swifties! Even better! I am a huge swiftie myself bu-"
I stop when I realise I've been blabbering things for such a long time. I don't know why I keep talking even if the other one isn't interested. I just get so excited while the other person gets bored and regrets being there. I realised it the hard way, from Dav-

"Why did you stop?" Nick's soft voice bring me back.

I sigh. "I'm sorry. I got so excited and caught up I didn't realise I was literally blabbering stuff probably boring you to death an-"

"Shh." He turns me around so that I face him.

"Nothing about you is boring to me, Moon. You want to talk to me for a whole day about books or Taylor Swift? Do it. You want to rant about something? I'm right here listening." He brings his face closer. I can feel his breath. “Your talking doesn't kill me, Moon. Your silence does.”

Oh. Ohhhh. My vision starts to blur when I realise what he was trying to do.
"Nick." I sigh sadly. "You don't have to do this."

"Do what?"

"You're trying to make me feel good about my habit of talking too much because Dave made me feel bad about it. You don't have t-"

"I want you to talk to me because I like hearing your voice, Moon. If I had to hear one voice everyday till I die, it would be yours." He brushes his thumb over my lips.
"I'm not doing this because I have to. I'm doing it because I want to, because I need to. Because if you stop talking because an asshole asked you to, it would be my loss."

I blink away my tears and slowly move my face closer to his. My lips brush against his as I say, "Thank you Mr. Grumps."

He shuts his eyes and whispers, "You're so close, Moon. I don't know for how long I can hold back."

"Then don't."

He groans, the sound makes my lips part. He opens his eyes and his gaze falls to my lips. He mutters a curse under his breath an-
His lips crash onto mine. My heart beats so fast it feels like it's going to pop out anytime. He slides his hands to my waist and brings me above him. Nick tastes like coffee and mint- it's a deadly combination. I move my hands to his neck and kiss him harder. There's everything in this kiss- hunger, passion, lust.......... love. We kiss like we are each other's oxygen. He slowly breaks it and cups my face in his hands.

"You taste heavenly, Moon."

"And you.....taste like love Mr.grumps." I kiss him again.
But this time it is slow and divine.