43

Nick

"My ex." She sighs. "The reason behind my-uh- tree breakdown last year. Dave Fallon."

I can feel her tears through my t-shirt. My jaw clenches. "What did he do, Hayley?"

She starts sobbing into my chest. I'm going to kill that fucker.
"What. Did. He. Do?"

She inhales shakily. " We broke up two years back. We were in a happy relationship for a year but then he changed. He was drunk and angry all the time. He would shout for every little thing and then apologise with gifts- mostly condoms. After sometime, he stopped calling me and would refuse to meet me. He would call me and meet me only if it were for hooking up. "
My fingers curl into a fist.

"It was okay the first few times but then he all he wanted from me was that. I refused. That's when things went bad. I confronted him. He was drunk that day. I told him that if he loved me, he wouldn't want me just for a physical relationship. He....." she hiccups. " he spit on me when I said that. Then h- he- he- said some things."

"What did he say?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"He told me he would rather choke on his own spit than fall in love with me. An-and that I don't deserve to be loved. He told me I was a bitch who deserved to die alone in loneliness. He said that I was irritating, exhausting and that no one could ever keep up with me. He said that I was the worst decision of his whole life, his biggest mistake. He kept talking shit about my body and behaviour until I couldn't take it anymore and slapped him. He slapped me back."
Every nerve in my body bursts with every sentence she speaks. She gives humourless laugh.
"The asshole slapped me back. Then I broke up with him. Aaaand THE END. That's the end of the story of the girl who doesn't deserve love."

I can't wait to strangle the bastard to death. But there's a part of the story left.
"What happened at the party?" I ask her softly.

"That was a year after the breakup. He was drunk. He saw me with Levi and thought I was getting engaged to him. So he called me at the engagement party thinking it was mine and said a few more things. About my irritating voice, my ugly hip dips, my stupid moon obsession, even about how I talk and eat too much." She hiccups. "You know the rest. Tree-call-breakdown-back to normal." She chuckles but there's nothing but hurt in it. It's just the sound of a broken woman trying to hide her hurt. This is it. I reach for my phone in my pocket but she stops me.

" Nick?" She wipes her tears but more roll down.
I'm going to make the fucker suffer for every single tear.

"Yes baby?" I wrap my hand around her even tighter.

" I walked away because all of it came back when you confessed to me. I was scared that if I tell you about my feelings too, you will leave me like him. I thought you'll eventually get bored of me and throw me away like he did. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so so sorry Ni-"

"No. You don't need to apologise for anything, Moon.I will make sure who needs to apologise does. And I, will never ever leave you, you're stuck with me baby. "

"Do you still love me?" She asks slowly her voice trailing off with every word.

"Of course, Moon. I love you now and I'll love you forever. You need to know that and hold on to it. To me. Okay?"

I look down when she doesn't reply. She's sleeping. I make her lie down on the bed, wipe her tears and press a kiss on her forehead.

"I promise you, baby. I will make him pay for every word that came out of his mouth. I will punch him in his face till he falls on his knees and apologises to you. I promise."

I stand up to make a call.
"Mitch, I need you to find someone. Right Now."

I look at her once more and leave the room. I ask my staff to give her the hangover medicine and anything she asks for and leave my house.

I'm coming for you Dave Fallon.