Chapter 1 - First Day of U.A

It had finally come

It had finally come.
My first day of school. A REAL school. And not just any school. It was the most famous school in Japan, and rightly so. Real hero's were made at U.A. All Might, Endeavour and even my very own pops, Eraser Head were hero's plucked straight from U.A. High.

It had been my dream to attend U.A from the moment I saw my first Sports Festival on TV. I remember how fearless the kids looked, how determined and powerful they were, pushing beyond their limits! I could still hear the cheering from the crowd and the infamous commentary from Uncle Mic. I was just a little girl back then. Sitting doe eyed in front of a tiny little television that had most likely been stolen and trying to make out the figures from the constant fuzzed pixelations. Things had certainly changed since then...

A knock on my door had me jumping up. My dad, Shota Aizawa (Pro Hero, hero name: Eraser Head) popped his head in, his hair the same black, dishevelled heap it always was. His eyes squinted suspiciously at me, his black eyes raking over me, taking in my appearance carefully.

"You're dressed. Good. Come down for breakfast." He muttered in his usual uninterested tone.

"Be right down" I replied obediently. He nodded, accepting my response before he disappeared back behind the door.
I was dressed and ready, he was right. But I felt far from it. I was excited of course but I couldn't rid the pang of anxiety gnawing away at the edges.
What if no one likes me?
The thought echoed in my mind. A painful thought. One I tried very hard to not ponder on. But it was a great fear that I could never seem to shake. I've never had any friends... then again, dad's kept me hidden in remote locations most the time, far from anyone that isn't him or Uncle Mic. He says it's to keep me focused on my studies and training. But all I've wanted was to just be normal. Live a normal school life, make normal friends and do normal, teenage things like everyone else.
But I'm not like everyone else.
Dad always reminds me. I'm the biological daughter of a deranged serial killer. And as much as Aizawa is my dad now, he cannot change my blood. He's been terrified that people will see me as only the daughter of Hero Killer Stain. Just a ticking time bomb, waiting to go off, before I turn into the same monster my biological father is.
But that won't ever happen.
I am not a murderer.
I am not a monster.
I am simply, me.

The comforting smell of hot porridge wafts throughout the kitchen as I sit my self down at the counter. My mouth starts to water as I watch my guardian hand me a welcomed bowl of breakfast.

"Thanks Dad" I manage to spit out with a mouth full of delicious porridge.

"From today it's Mr Aizawa." He retorts in his usual disinterested yet firm voice. His careful black eyes study me, awaiting my response as I gulp down another bite.

"Why can't people know you're my dad?" I ask, though I've been told over and over again. Aizawa was my dad, and I was proud of it. I hated that I had to hide pieces of myself over and over again. All because of his fear of how other people will react.