Chapter 20 - A hangover and a carnival

My head felt like it was splitting in two.

I groaned loudly.

"Owwwwww..." I rolled over but bumped into something. Mina groaned.

"Sorry Mina." I whispered as I rolled back off of her sleeping form. My eyes were hazy. I rubbed them groggily as I looked around.

I was in Uraraka's room.

How did I get here?

I tried to remember last night but the last thing I could muster up was talking to the big Inasa guy about our quirks. Everything after that was blank.

Great.

I felt awful. I needed water and paracetamol. ASAP.

It took all my energy to pull myself up and drag myself off the mattress on the floor where Mina still lay sprawled out and lightly snoring. Uraraka was the same on her bed, blankets tangled around her legs. I didn't want to wake her so decided I would look for the medicine myself.

My head was so sore I struggled to push the pain away as I made my way to the kitchen. Surely there would be medicine nearby. But as I inspected the cupboards I found nothing.

Where would she keep her first aid kit if not the kitchen?

As I continued to scurry around desperate for pain relief there was a knock on the door.

Who would be visiting right now?

I quietly tip-toed to the door and peeked through the peephole. Standing on the other side was Bakugo. He had an annoyed expression as he held a brown paper grocery bag.

What was he doing here?

With a click I opened the door a fraction but it was enough for Bakugo to barrel his way in making me stumble. As he stepped inside he looked around before his gaze found me. He looked me up and down slowly, taking in my appearance carefully before shaking his head.

"You look like shit." He commented honestly.

"Thanks. I feel it too." I replied with a groan. Suddenly everything was too bright and too loud.

"Where's the kitchen." He demanded after taking in my discomfort. I couldn't respond instead I pointed groggily in the direction. Without hesitation he was off.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I held a palm to my forehead. I could feel my pulse from my head.

Bakugo didn't say anything. Instead dropped the paper grocery bag on the bench and rifled through it. The rustling sound was too loud and I winced as it pierced my ears.

"Take two of these and drink this." He said as he pulled out a rectangle packet. I watched in disbelief as he popped two pills from it and handed it to me.

"Hurry up and take it." He grumbled. Without waiting another moment I took the pills from his hands. When he dug through the brown paper bag he pulled out a blue drink.

"And this." I looked at it confused.

"Electrolytes." Was all he said. I nodded grateful and took it from him. He watched me with a stoic expression as I swallowed the two pills with the blue drink.

"How long am I going to feel like this?" I groaned.

"A few hours." He replied bluntly.