Chapter 28 - Idina and Bakugo vs UA Villains

"I'm going to kick their ass!" Bakugo growled, adrenaline soaring through his muscular body

"This is a team effort, remember. Don't go in too hot." I eyed him carefully. Surely, he knew better than to run in headfirst. I expected a rude remark about how I had no business telling him what to do, but instead I was greeted with a shrug.

"You got a plan?" He asked, his eyes squinted as they looked ahead, awaiting the terror to unfold.

"You aren't going to chew my head off?" I asked bewildered. He snickered in response.

"I told you I trusted you, didn't I?" He peered back at me, taking me in.

"You ready or what?" His voice was thick with anticipation. I smiled.

"We've trained hard these last few months. We can do this." At least I hoped we could...

We stood in the arena and watched with wonder as the floors began to move like intricate pieces, rebuilding itself for our simulation. It was like we had been transported. One minute we were at USJ and the next we were in a city, standing outside a butcher shop beside an odd looking antique store. The rumbling and groaning told me the simulation was about to begin, the first 'terrorist' attack was about to be underway.

"Plan?" He asked again, refusing to take his eyes off the cityscape before us.

"Well, this is about saving people as much as it is about taking out the villains. Once the strike happens, we'll save as many people as we can. But I'll guide them to a secluded area. You're better on the offence, so I'll leave you to weed out the villains. I'll join up with you when I can. Are you okay with that?" I asked, my face serious as I slipped into my responsibilities as a hero. Bakugo gave me a large grin, showing all teeth.

"Sounds perfect. Leave the ass kicking to me."

The final crash told us it was done. We heard the yelling and chaos coming from ahead.

"Remember what we worked on. Don't forget our training." Bakugo ordered.

"Got it!" I replied.

Without another word we took off, following the sounds of the chaos. Smoke and dust from the debris started to seep out, clouding our vision.

"Can you clear the dust?" Bakugo asked as we slowed our pace, entering the thick of it. It looked like a sandstorm, the smoke-like debris hanging thick in the air. 

"Sure can. Stay close." I focused on the air around me, around Bakugo, around the thick debris, and waved my hands, forcing the air beneath the smog to rise, lifting the dusty smoke screen higher and higher until it revealed our path.

"Can you leave it there?" Bakugo asked. I had raised the smog enough so we could see everything from about 8 feet from the ground, however I had intended to lift it up into the sky and away form the city completely.