Chapter 32 - Dress Shopping

Saturday morning came and for the first time since starting at UA I was grateful for the weekend.

The girls and I were at the mall to go dress shopping for the dance being held in a few weekends, and it was refreshing to do something other than training or school.

"So, ladies. What were we thinking?" Mina asked. "Short or long?"

I was out of my depth here. I knew nothing about shopping and suddenly wished I had a bit more of a female influence growing up. Then I instantly felt horrible for thinking it.

"I'm thinking short." Uraraka was first to answer.

"I think I'm going to go for a long dress but I won't know till I see what they have." Yaoyorozu pondered.

I nodded, agreeing with her thought process.

"I'm surprised you're dress shopping with us!" Mina squealed. "I thought you'd have some amazing designer hand making your gown!"

Momo shifted uncomfortably.

"I did... but... I wanted to experience a normal dance just like my friends. So that's what I am today. Just a normal seventeen year old finding a boring, normal dress with my normal peers!"

The others blinked.

I could tell what they were thinking. 'Was that an insult?' I couldn't help but smile.

I patted her on the back. We both had no idea what we were doing and I was glad to have someone who could relate somewhat.

"Okay let's go!" Uraraka was off, too excited to wait another moment.

As we came across a dress shop we all sped inside like a flurry of giggling teenage girls. Momo was beside me as I sifted through the dresses on the racks. What did I want? I had no idea... I didn't know much about dresses I really wished I had more knowledge... sensing my nervousness Momo gently gripped my shoulder.

"I'll help you. I know exactly how to shop. You're in good hands." She said with a smile, reading my mind.

"Thank you." I mouthed gratefully.

"So, who's everyone taking to the dance?" Mina asked. We all remained silent.

"Aw cmon girls! Uraraka, what about you?"

Uraraka's cheeks burned pink.

"Well, I'm going with Midoriya." She couldn't hide her happiness as her grin stretched ear to ear.

"I'm so happy for you Ochako!" I beamed.

"What about you Idina? You and Bakugo going together?" She winked at me playfully.

I tried not to look too disappointed as I continued sifting through the racks of beautiful dresses.

"No..."

My response had the girls gasping, especially Momo.

"Did something happen between you two?" She asked.

"Oh, no. Not at all! It's just that he refuses to go to the dance in general. Something about rather gutting himself than ever being seen at something like this..." I quoted with an awkward laugh.

"Well, that does sound like Bakugo." Tsu commented with a laugh.

"Even still, I'm sure you're upset." Momo commented.

"Yeah, it sucks but... Inasa asked if he could come with me so we're going together. Just as friends of course." I sounded disappointed. And I was. But I'm sure Inasa and I would have a good time together.