Chapter 17 - Losing my Cool at Bakugo

A few weeks had passed and routine had sunk in. School then secret training with Bakugo.
During school hours Bakugo acted like I didn't exist, rarely sparing me a glance. But after the final bell from school would ring we'd slip away to our training facility, working hard to perfect our abilities.
Sometimes after training we'd find ourselves sitting against the wall together, catching our breath and simply mulling in silence. 
While other days were chattier than usual and we'd talk about class, grumble about our parents (more Bakugo than me) or gloat about our progress. But our conversations hadn't really gone deeper since I'd told him about my background. In all honesty I was grateful for it. I'd enjoyed the simplicity of our relationship.
There were however moments during school where his lack of interest in my existence would make me feel a pang of sorrow. But I remembered the goal was to become the greatest heroes to have ever lived. Not to make friends. And so I'd push the feelings aside.

My relationship with Uraraka was growing and I wasn't as shy around her or the other girls. Sometimes after training Bakugo would scoff about my friendship with them and say they weren't worth anyone's time but I enjoyed their infectious smiles and trivial conversations that made me feel like a real teenager.

"Idina!" A voice called.

Bakugo and I froze. We'd just finished secretly training for the evening and were making our way back home.

"Idina!" The voice cagain. Bakugo and I spun around to see the cheerful Uraraka waving her arms around like a mad woman.

Bakugo let out a loud grunt.

"Ugh. What the hell?" Bakugo glared at me.

I shrugged innocently.

"I didn't know she'd be around here..." I whispered.

Uraraka caught up to us, puffing lightly.

"You didn't run very far. If you're puffed from that you should put more cardio into your workouts." Bakugo scowled, eyeing her breathing with sharp judgement.

"Haha!" She giggled. "Yeah you're probably right Bakugo!" She was as cheerful as ever. A smile spread across my lips at the sight of the warm girl before us.

"Fancy seeing you guys here!" She beamed.

"And uh... together?" She smirked, her eyes dancing between Bakugo and I.

I gulped.

"We just ran into each other on our way back from studying that's all!" I lied quickly, dismissing any awkward insinuations between Bakugo and I.

My palms began to sweat. I didn't know what was worse. Her finding out Bakugo and I were secretly training together or that she thought Bakugo and I were secretly hanging out.

I glanced over at the irritable blond to see what I had anticipated being a disgusted expression stamped across his face. Instead he looked curious.

"Oh of course! I was only kidding!" Uraraka chuckled. Her bubbly personality beamed from her even more as the sound of her laughter sang around us.

"As if I'd ever actually think you'd be spending time with him." She spoke as if  the idea was the most hilarious thing she'd ever heard.

Bakugo grunted.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" He snarled.

Uraraka's eyes opened wide, her face paling a shade.

"Oh! Um... nothing! It's just... you know... she's like really pretty and really nice and then... you're... well... you..." She sputtered awkwardly.

My hand flew to my face, covering my mouth to desperately smother any laughter that was threatening release.