Chapter 43 - It was just a Dream...

"As you're all well aware, the first and second years are holding another school fair in a few days."

The class erupted in applause, excited for something other than school work, training and unpaid hero internships - or atleast I was.

"Alright, settle down. As you know the seniors will not be putting on their own class displays, however it has been decided that you each must contribute somehow. Whether that means assisting another class with theirs, entering a competition or joining the teachers with security, but you ALL must be involved."

The class nodded in unison.

"Alright. The fair is in a few days, so you don't have long to find a way to make yourself useful. If I were you I'd get on to it... now. Dismissed."

Aizawa dismissed the class but asked me to stay back.
After each of my classmates had left I approached his desk. His eyes looked more bloodshot than usual and his face far more pale.

"Are you getting enough sleep?" I asked horrified by the state of him.

"Don't worry about me." He rebutted instantly with a wave of his hand. "How's your training with Endeavour going?" He asked, onyx eyes fixed on me sternly.

"It's... a lot. But I'm learning so much. I'm doing things I never considered I might be able to do."

It had been a few weeks now since I'd been training under Endeavour. Three days a week. Starting at 6am ending at 6pm. Then I had to take extra tutoring immediately after to make up for the schooling I was missing and usually wasn't in bed until 11 or 12 on those days.

Bakugo used to sneak into my room, however with the change to my schedule, it was now me creeping into his at night. I know, I know... how did that happen? Well. I guess we'd both gotten so used to sleeping beside each other that we'd come to rely on it. So there I was, sneaking out of my porch sliding door every night to fly to his room where I'd let myself in and cuddle up under the blankets where he lay. We never did anything. We had simply become so reliant on each other's presence. Honest!

"Good. The reports I have received from Endeavour have all been positive. He says you're a unique talent."

"Oooh." I sang. "That's a huge change to what he called me just a few months ago." I replied with a smirk.

Dad's steely black eyes crinkled at the ends, a small smile of his own twisting along his lips.

"It is. Good job kid."

I gave myself a little pat on the shoulder.

"Alright. Now the school fair. You're with me. We'll be handing out refreshments in the auditorium."

I shrugged. "Fine with me." It was true, I wasn't bothered. I needed to do something easy-going because my schedule was hectic and I didn't think I could commit to helping in anyway that needed more of my time.

"Would there be room for one more helper?" I asked  hopeful.

"Let me guess. Bakugo?" Dad asked in that same uninterested tone.

"Juuuust incase he doesn't find anything, that's all." I said with a sweet smile.

"If he wants to then sure."

I wanted to squeal. But I didn't. Not aloud anyway.

"But you two need to stay close. There'll be a lot of security so don't go wondering."

I nodded. "Yes sir. What's with all the security anyway?" I asked as I started to pick up the paperweight on dad's desk.

"It's a precaution." He yanked it out of my hand and placed it back. "There's something else I wanted to talk to you about..."