Chapter 40 - Meeting her Dad

Idina POV

Idina POV

We sat in an awkward silence as we ate, only the clattering of cutlery on plates to be heard.
I peered up at the boy beside me.
His brows were pulled together in anger, red eyes still blazing alight with untamed fury.

"Idina, would you ask your psychotic father to pass the damned salt." He refused to look up at dad even though he sat directly opposite him, his intense gaze focused on his plate.

I sighed.

"Dad, can you-" I looked up surprised as the salt appeared before me. "Oh. Thanks."

"I'm not deaf I can hear him." Dad rolled his eyes.

I sighed once more.

"This is ridiculous!" I groaned. This was so stupid.

"I agree." Dad commented in that same dull tone as he placed his chopstick in his mouth.

"If you agree then why did you pull that ridiculous stunt?" I hissed.

Dad leaned back relaxed and unphased.

"I needed to make sure-"

"-that I was in good hands yeah, look I get it but seriously dad. Don't you think that's a little extreme? You saw what happened to him!"

"You mean how he went plus ultra and pushed beyond his limits to master a new ultimate move? Yeah I did. I didn't hear a thank you though."

Bakugo scoffed.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD I THANK YOU?! YOU HAD ME RESTRAINED AND SENT KILLER BOTS AFTER ME!"

Dad didn't blink, simply nodded as if that was answer enough.

"Okay I don't think this is the most productive way for us to do this." I was suddenly starting to think we really should have kept our relationship private.

"No this is exactly what we need to do." Dad dismissed. "Idina you will be eighteen shortly. You will commence your hero career and join an agency. I will not be there to protect you out in the real world. I need to know you have someone by your side that will."

"Dad. All that training you've put me through I'm pretty certain I can handle myself." I meant it. I had started to really break down my quirk to try and understand what any potential limitations could be. I genuinely think I was becoming very powerful. Dad wouldn't know that however as Bakugo and I had kept our training secret...

"I know you can. But you haven't been a part of the real world before. You wont understand the dangers."

"Yeah and whose fault is that?" It was uncharacteristic of me to challenge my father, but if he thought I was unprepared for the real world, that was on him, not me.

"I know Idina, however I traded in society for your safety." He had a no nonsense about him that I knew meant not to challenge him again. But I wasn't a brat that thought the world revolved around me (regardless of what Bakugo might joke about), and I heard what he'd said loud and clear.