Chapter 33 - Bakugos Room

The weekend went by faster than it came

The weekend went by faster than it came. I spent Sunday with Dad away from the dorms. We didn't do anything special, just spent the day at our apartment away from the others. But it was nice to have a day together - just us.

Then the intense early mornings resumed.

It was difficult. UA meant it when they said they were ramping it up.

Things had been so intense for all of us that we had little time for anything else. And yet every day my mind kept racing to Bakugo. He had acted strange when I saw him Saturday... and since then I'd barely seen him except small glimpses in class.

Training had become twice a day. The first training was usually around 4.30am then another round of evening exercises around 5pm with long lectures in between. By the time evening training finished it was about 8pm and by then all I wanted to do was shower and sleep. Even going to dinner was a chore. I missed secret training with Bakugo but I had to admit we were certainly pushing our own boundaries with the new training format at UA.

I was exhausted.

Another week went by and I had started to adjust to the less than ideal lack of sleep. I found if I was showered and asleep by 9 at the latest I'd get 7.5 hours of sleep and with practice my body began to adjust. There was no time, nor energy, for studying so each lesson I had to train my mind to sharpen up and absorb the information like a sponge, knowing I'd get little opportunity to review it later.

When the Friday before the dance reared its head, we were all eager for something different.

"Before you leave." Aizawa spoke to the class.

"I know it has been an intense few weeks. But you have all done a good job at adjusting and keeping up. You deserve to have a good time tomorrow."

We all nodded respectfully.

As Aizawa left the room we all slowly raised ourselves, our bodies too exhausted to be more enthusiastic.

It was Friday. The weekend was tomorrow. No school. No training.

I exhaled a relieved breath. I can't believe how glad I was. I saw Bakugo then, packing up his things. Now was my chance.

"Hey..." I said with a weak smile as I leaned casually on his desk.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked quietly, trying not to cause any attention.

Bakugo looked up at me, his red eyes exhausted.

"Sorry but I'm going to go to bed." He replied, his voice different... distant even...

I wouldn't take no for an answer. I needed to talk to him.

"Yeah, I get it. I'm tired too... but it won't be long. I just... I miss you."

He slung his bag over his shoulder and stood up. When his eyes met mine there was a wave of strife in those red seas of his. He looked conflicted...