Chapter 48 - Entering my Villain Era

I had been sitting in the holding room of the police station for hours

I had cried and wept longer than I ever thought humanly possible as my heart broke for my father. I had been interviewed multiple times, had the same questions asked over and over and was now swollen eyed and exhausted. But they wouldn't let me go home.
It didn't matter how many times I told them I hadn't killed those villains, no one seemed to believe me, not even Bakugo. There were multiple witness accounts of me threatening the villains, and then for them to have their heads blown off... well... it didn't look very good for me. The general consensus was that I had lost my mind after my father died in my arms...

I felt a burning through my chest, that brutal agony starting up once more at the thought of him.

I hadn't seen dad since the police arrived. I refused to leave him and it took four officers to get me to comply. Even then, I had threatened to get violent if they laid a hand on me and tried to seperate me from my father's body. It was Bakugo who calmed me down and talked me into getting in the police cruiser. So yeah... it wasn't looking too good on my part for the non-insanity plea.

I just wanted to see dad. I just wanted to hold him in my arms... but they had me restrained here. They told me I was under eighteen and so would be trialled as a minor. I am not likely to be persecuted because of my age and the situation, however I would need to step down from my place at UA and will have a serious black mark on my record... Uncle Mic was currently trying to find me a really good lawyer. It seemed like I needed a miracle.

Bakugo wasn't judging me. Even though he now thought I was a murderer, he was adamant he would stand by me and that we could work things out... He said he could start his own agency and hire me in secret... he was willing to risk everything for me... I felt guilty for him loving me. I was only going to drag him down.

I was exhausted. My eyes were so swollen that they were unbearably heavy and were tempting me to sleep.

Eventually I managed to fall asleep, my head tucked on my arms that were resting on the table.

One minute I was in the police holding room, and the next I was in that storage cupboard from my dreams. I knew the drill. I had to open the door and step into the office.
My movements were slow and sluggish as I opened the door. The light from the office burned as my swollen eyes adjusted to the brightness. The shelves were still stacked with books and that same oak desk was where it always was.

And the man standing in front of the desk... my sob caught in my throat.

"Dad..." I whispered.

He was in his same black outfit and wheatmeal binding scarf, black boots with that dishevelled black hair on his exhausted looking head.