Chapter 31 - Dates to the Dance

After I left the screen room I was shocked to find Bakugo leaning against the wall waiting for me

"You good?" He asked gruffly.

I couldn't hide my smile.

"Yeah. I'm good." I replied.

Bakugo peeled off the wall and walked past me down the hall.

"Hurry up then. I'm hungry."

Oops. I hurried to catch up with him.

"You waited for me?" I asked as I peered over at him gratefully.

"Do you enjoy commenting on the obvious or is it just another one of your annoying traits?" He asked, his expression unimpressed.

I giggled. He was right, I did have a habit of speaking the obvious. Then it hit me.

"Hey! What do you mean another one of my annoying traits?"

He snickered.

"Seriously, explain yourself! What does that mean? What annoying traits do I have?!" I yanked at his arm and tugged at his sleeve.

"We don't have all day, if we did then maybe I'd have the time to tell you." He retorted with a smirk.

"Oh you're just hilarious." I spat sarcastically as I rolled my eyes with excessive exaggeration.

We bickered the whole time as we walked to the cafeteria.
When we got there we were swarmed by our classmates. They were so engrossed with our performance and wanted to know how we'd come up with certain plans and how we did certain things and the whole buzz around us was highly exhausting. I was overwhelmed and tired by the end of it.

The rest of the day was twice as long as we sat through our lessons. We'd all been up since 4.30am and so we were very quickly running out of steam.
Finally the last bell rang that signalled the end of the day and the only thing I wanted to do was to run to my bed and sleep.
I threw myself onto my bed, ready to allow sleep to swallow me when my phone vibrated.

Ugh.

I mustered the energy to retrieve it from my bedside drawer and opened the text message.

From: Inasa (Big Wind Guy)

Hello. It is Inasa. Do u remember me? How are u? I hope ur doing amazing and are working hard towards being an amazing hero! I have a question for u.

I smiled. Why does he always ask if I remember him? Did he think I had a memory of a sieve?

To: Inasa (Big Wind Guy)

Yes I remember u. Whts up?

I wanted to sleep but I was intrigued. What could he want to ask?

From: Inasa (Big Wind Guy)

That's great! Well. Our prom was cancelled. I was looking forward to it and had not been to 1 before. I was wondering if u had no 1 to take to urs if u could consider me?