Chapter 38 - Something strange...

Last night was amazing

Last night was amazing. I was still so giddy just thinking about how much of an effort Bakugo put in. It was morning now and I'd slept like a baby. I was already up, showered and dressed. I had chosen a typical lazy Sunday outfit - grey, knitted off the shoulder long sleeve and blue jeans - and was about to meet up with Shoto for breakfast.

"Hey Idina." Shoto grinned as I approached.

"Good morning." I had a pep to my step this morning, clearly still reeling from last night's turn of events.

"Have you ordered yet?"

We had decided to head out for breakfast at the coffee shop nearest the school grounds.

"Not yet, I wanted to wait for you." Shoto smiled as I lowered myself into a seat beside him.

"I'm not much of a coffee drinker." He muttered honestly as he flipped over the menu. "More of a tea person."

"Oh I definitely drink coffee. It's a must for me." It was true. When you had a father like Aizawa who would drink coffee like it was water, it becomes somewhat of a staple in your home.

As the polite waitress took our drinks and breakfast orders we peered back at each other in a comfortable silence.

Shoto was back to looking like himself, the dark circles gone, the colour had returned to his face and his hair was back to being well kept.
I was so glad to see that.

"You and Bakugo seem happy." He commented in his usual, dull tone.

"Yeah, we are." I smiled. "So, come on. Tell me, how did things go with Momo?"

I had to admit I was a little nosy, it was becoming another bad habit that I had picked up from Bakugo.

"I believe it went well." He nodded.

"And?" Come on Shoto, you can give me more information than that...

"And she's lovely." Yeah... he really wasn't good at this stuff.

"Well, I think you two looked great together. So did the rest of us because you both won prom King and Queen." I winked.

Shoto shuffled uncomfortably.

"What is it?" I queried, noticing he was a bit off.

"I think you're right about Momo. I think... we may be better suited than I had thought."

I blinked.

"And why do you make it seem like that's not a good thing?" I asked.

Shoto leaned back in his seat, his mismatched eyes locked on the glass of water in front of him.

"Well... Momo seems to think she is more of a second option for me..." Shoto trailed off.

Our tea and coffee appeared then, the alluring smell of coffee tantalised and teased. I took a sip after thanking our waitress.