Chapter 18 - My First Party?

I knew I was out of line today

I knew I was out of line today. I'd made a scene and got upset with Bakugo, taking all my anger out on him.
He didn't deserve it.
Especially because he was so right.
Shoto had discarded me when he said he wouldn't. I shouldn't be mulling over someone who doesn't care about me for who I am.

Bakugo learned my parents were villains and didn't treat me any different... actually he may have even been a little nicer...

And yet I blew up at him, and not Shoto.

I threw myself on top of my bed and sprawled out.

I felt like a right fool.

Bakugo must be furious... I was so out of line with him today.

I turned on my stomach and groaned into my pillow.
I squeezed my eyes shut trying to push away the image of Bakugo's red eyes out of my mind.

"Oh I was so out of line!" I repeated aloud.

Why was I like this?

Like a child, I screamed into my pillow, hoping to eradicate my frustration. Surprisingly, it helped.

Okay. Yes, I behaved out of line and over reacted.
Yes, I'm slightly embarrassed of my behaviour.
But why? It was only Bakugo. The kid is always going off on everyone else. It was a matter of time before someone was to snap back...

I groaned.

I knew why.

Because I am not Bakugo. I should not be deflecting my own pain onto someone else, regardless of whether or not the other person behaves the same.
Sometimes I detested being so self-aware...

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz

The sound of my phone buzzing had me jolting up. I reach for it in a second and open it without a second's hesitation.

Maybe it was Bakugo?

From: Uraraka

Hey Idina!
We've been invited to a Shiketsu high party tonight! I'll give u all the dets but u need to grab ur cutest outfit and head str8 to my place. NOW! Sleepover at mine!
Eek!

I blinked.

A party?

Was it someone's birthday?

I had never been to a party before.

In that moment the sound of the front door closing echoed throughout the apartment.

"Dad's home!" I muttered with a smile.

Running down the handful of steps taking two at a time I caught dad as he shook off his jacket and hung it neatly on the clothes hook.

He looked up at me, his black eyes tired as always.

"Hi Dad!" I beam.

"Hey kid." He replied with a yawn.

"I've been invited to a party and need to bring cute clothes. What does that mean?" The words came out fast as I watched him expectantly.