Chapter 19 - Shiketsu High Party

We were all ready

We were all ready.
Uraraka had done finishing mine and Mina's makeup. As I looked back at my reflection I gasped. My lashes were longer and thicker than I've ever seen them and my lips looked fuller as they glistened with pink lipstick and gloss.

I looked the same but different...

"You look hot!" Mina exclaimed.

"How do you feel?" Uraraka beamed up at me as I continued to stare mouth open at my reflection.

"I feel... like..." I trailed off not knowing how to articulate myself all of a sudden.

"She feels hot." Mina giggled.

My cheeks burned pinker, and not because of the blush makeup.

The girls laughed at my sheepish reaction.

"It's okay! You look great! We ALL do!" Uraraka squealed.

That seemed to be what we did best today. Squeal non stop. But it was okay because we were excited and we deserved a night to have fun.

"So," Mina purred. "Are there any cute guys worth looking this good for at the party?"

I laughed.

"What?" She giggled. "It's a fair question!"

"Well I think Midoriya will be there...." Uraraka said with a blush.

Mina laughed loudly.

"Great, so there's a guy for you. But what about for me and Idina?"

I shook my head.

"Don't worry about me. I'm not interested." I said dismissively.

"Oh really?" Mina crooned. "Not even if Shoto Todoroki was to be there?"

I screwed my face up.

"Definitely not." I sounded angry.

"Okay. Spill. What happened with you guys? I thought you two were for sure going to be the next big thing but apparently I've missed something." Mina and Uraraka stared at me through scrutinous eyes.

"We've been patient enough and friends are supposed to tell each other things. SPILL!" Mina pressured.

I sighed. I couldn't get into details but they were right. They had been patient and never pressured me... until now of course.

"If I tell you, you both need to promise you won't say anything."

Mina and Uraraka looked at each other before nodding seriously.

"Pinky promise!" They chimed at the same time.

"So basically his dad doesn't like me and doesn't think I'm good enough." I answered.

The pair looked between them once more.

"That's it? And what... now Todoroki isn't interested in you anymore?" Mina asked with disbelief.