Chapter 34 - Getting Ready for the Dance

Dad glared back at me.

I was mortified.

"There aren't clear rules about the opposite sex in each other's rooms. But you'd have thought it was common sense."

I was going to KILL Mineta.  

"Dad, I KNOW how it sounds, but I wasn't IN his bed I was ON it! I fell asleep that's it!"

Dad's usual blank, careless face was replaced with eyes that burned of relentless fury.

I would kill Mineta if I managed to survive this...

"The dance is tomorrow and you risked losing your chance of attending it by pulling this little stunt?"

I groaned. I never spoke back to my father but this was completely unfair.

"Dad. Are you listening to me?" I groaned.

"Yes Idina!" He barked, his furious tone violent. "That's the problem! You were caught in a boy's room asleep! And your argument is that you were trying to talk in private when you happened to fall asleep on his chest? But it's okay because you were ON the bed and not IN it?!"

Dad didn't raise his voice often. There wasn't usually a need. He spoke with such sharp authority it was unnecessary to yell. But in this moment, right now, it would be a miracle to bring his volume down just half a decibel... he was about to give Uncle Mic's quirk a run for its money...

"That... that sounds bad..." I groaned.

"Bad?! Just bad?! I have raised you BETTER than this have I not?!"

His scarf left his neck, coming to life like a snake as it reached for me, wrapping itself around me tightly. It was getting hard to breathe.

"D-d-dad... c-c-can't breathe..."

He refused to let up, his scarf only binding me tighter.

The night was long and full of yelling as my father ripped into me. Bakugo was likely experiencing similar treatment under Hound Dog, except he certainly had it easier. Whenever Hound Dog was really angry he'd lose the ability to speak properly so at least Bakugo only had to listen to rabid dog noises.

I on the other hand was getting ruthlessly berated by my father.

He wasn't wrong though. I did place myself in a questionable position...

His binding scarf finally let me go giving me a chance to breathe once more.

"Do you have any idea how this could look?" His furious eyes burned into me expectantly.

"I know dad..."

"Clearly not!" He was seething. I shuddered. There had only been a handful of times where he had been this mad.

"I'm... I'm sorry." I muttered quietly.

"Aizawa, come on. Give the girl a break. We've been hard on the kids these last few weeks. It sounds like they were so exhausted they really did fall asleep." All Might tried to talk to my father but his words seemed to be falling on deaf ears.

"This is not your concern All Might." Dad snarled through grit teeth.

"She'll be 18 in a few months Shota... you need to accept that she's going to grow up..." All Might spoke softly.

His words seemed to resonate with my furious father  somewhat as a flicker of emotion shot across his face.

"Leave. This is between Idina and I." Dad's glare was enough to have the once number 1 hero retreating out of the faculty lounge.