Chapter 36 - Why did you bring another girl?

My mind was racing

My mind was racing.
I was trying to understand what was happening and why. There were too many questions, too many things that simply didn't make sense.

He was so adamant that he would never be caught at something like this! So why had he just sauntered in with Cami? Cami?!
I didn't like this feeling. It was suffocating. It was heavy. It was horrible. I had started to shake... I tried my hardest to hold back the tremors in my hand but the more my mind raced the worse it got.

Momo poured me a glass of punch. I took it gratefully and sipped at the cold liquid secretly hoping it was spiked. Momo rubbed my back gently as I pulled the cup away from my painted red lips.

My face had completely paled, my expression one of absolute distress.

Why was he here with another girl?!

"Have you spoken to him today?" She asked me under wary eyes.

"No..." I trailed off. "I mean, after what happened yesterday I thought it made sense to keep some distance, especially with Aizawa now watching us like a hawk."

Momo looked up at me with eyes that glistened with genuine worry.

"He's coming." She whispered, hands still gently rubbing circles along my back.

My stomach flipped.

My heart rate accelerated.

Oh god.

I risked a glance up.

My breath caught in my throat.

He looked so incredibly handsome it physically hurt to look at him as my chest heaved. His blonde hair was carefully tousled, his dress-shirt clung to his muscles showing every groove of his arms and it's red colour matched perfectly with those blazing red eyes... it was different seeing him all scrubbed up... he looked...

It didn't matter how he looked.

Because he made this effort for someone other than me... and that someone was clinging to his arm in a very tight, very revealing black dress.
She looked the epitome of sex appeal... the way her dress accentuated her cleavage, clinging to her hourglass figure. She looked amazing, and I suddenly felt very self conscious and inadequate in comparison...

Bakugo's eyes were already locked on me by the time I spotted him as his red gaze traced over my entire body very slowly. There was a hungry glint to his eyes that made me swallow, my throat suddenly dry.

Why was he here with another girl on his arm? What was he playing at?

They stopped right in front of us causing my stomach to churn. Bakugo's intense stare was locked on me and me alone.

"Oh hey! It's exactly who we're looking for!" Cami drawled as she hung off the arm of the boy I cared far too much about.

"Idina! Oh and I know you, you're Momo right? How's it going cuties?" She asked in her usual upbeat, flirty tone. The way she gripped onto his arm so casually had me wanting to give in to my animalistic instincts and tear her to pieces, before turning my aggression onto him.