Chapter 22 - Late Night Carnival (Bakugo POV)

Idina looked up at Kirishima in shock

"What?! W-why would you say that?" She stammered, her cheeks turning a bright shade of pink.

Kirishima pointed at the food in front of her.

"If it was a date I'd have bought her something to eat" he mocked in a terrible impression of myself.

Idina turned to me. She said nothing but her eyes told all as they pleaded for me to tell Kirishima he'd gotten the wrong idea.

But all I could do was stare back at her.

At her eyes.

Her twinkling eyes.

They were the colour of a raging sea during a storm as the grey and blue splashed together. The way the light glittered off them made them sparkle in ways that pathetic class mate Yuga Aoyama wished he could...

I held my breath.

I didn't want to look away, but I knew I would lose control if I kept myself captive in her seas...

"Worry about yourself." That was all I could bring myself to say to Kirishima as I forced my attention on some random family laughing frustratingly loud.

Kirishima smiled cheekily back at us as if he knew something.

"Don't worry guys. Your secret is safe with me." He whispered, finishing with a wink.

Idina groaned.

I didn't have the energy to fight off my classmate's insinuations. Nor did I care.

But Idina clearly did.

So what if they think we're on a date? Would being on a date with me be so bad? I scowled at my thoughts.

I was Katsuki Bakugo.

I was going to be the greatest hero the world had ever seen, surpassing even the great All Might! Being at a childish carnival with a bunch of classmates where most weren't even remotely close to my level was the last thing I wanted to be doing!

And yet here the hell I was.

Because of her.

The moment she started at U.A I knew she was strong.

A new student in the hero course smack bang in the middle of the school year? That barely ever happens and when it does, it's usually because they're so powerful the school wants them - no matter the cost.

I had my eye on her.

Watching her.

Making sure she wouldn't get in the way of my journey to the top.
But all I saw was a shy, awkward, foolish girl that was overly studious and sure, attractive in an obvious sort of way. Her arrival had most of the male students in a choke hold, but being good looking wasn't enough to be better than me.
Even when she beat me on the first day on our practical test I'd told myself that was only down to luck.