Chapter 6 - Getting to know Shoto Todoroki

The rest of the day went by even faster than the morning

The rest of the day went by even faster than the morning. Bakugo would give me daggers everytime he saw me while Mineta would give the 'ga-ga' eyes. I couldn't decide which was worse. Shoto, the gentleman that he was, stayed by my side. He warned off Mineta's dirty remarks AND Bakugos dark glare. Uraraka was also there for me, making sure I was comfortable and would check if I understood what was being taught. I think she was under the impression that I struggled with my academics and would constantly try to explain things to me. Sometimes, her explanations would be wrong but I didn't want to say anything. I was just glad she was being so good to me.

While I packed up my things as the end of the school day had come, Shoto was at my side.

"What are you doing now?" He asked in his quiet voice.

"Me? Oh I'm probably going to go to the library to study for a few hours then head home." I replied. Shoto nodded, his expression thinking.

"I'll study with you." He said, his voice matter of fact. I couldn't hide my smile.

"Yeah, sure." I said, unable to cover the excitement in my voice. Shoto smiled back at me. I noticed that he didn't smile, really smile often. But seeing him now he looked more handsome than ever.

"Let's go." He said, gesturing to the door.

"Ooooh. Todoroki and the new girl..." a voice teased in a sing-song voice. It was Kaminari. An energetic blonde student with an electricity quirk.
(Denki Kaminari - Hero Name: Charge Bolt)

"She's top of the class and it's only her first day. I'll learn a lot from her." Shoto returned in his same matter of fact voice. A small part of me felt disappointed. I had wanted him to want to spend time with me, not because I would be a good study pal. But it was better than nothing...

"Yeah, sure..." Kaminari was unconvinced.

"I've never seen you this interested in someone in class, and I've known you for a while now. Then a pretty girl walks in and you're yet to leave her side." He joked with a wink.

Wait. He thinks I'm pretty? My cheeks burned pink.

"You over think." Shoto replied simply. "Let's go." He directed me out the class, ignoring the cheeky stares from our classmates. I could feel a pair eyes burning into my back. I knew it was Bakugo. He hated me. And it was only my first day here. My lips pursed into a tight, straight line.

"What are you thinking about?" Shoto asked curiously. "You look serious."

"Bakugo hates me." I managed to mutter. Shoto let out a large sigh of relief. I looked at him, brow raised.

"You looked so serious, as if you were uncomfortable. I thought it might have been about what Kaminari had said." He explained.

"Don't worry about Bakugo. He acts like that with most people at one point or another. You just get used to ignoring it."