Chapter 25 - Dorm Room System Part 2

I knocked on the door lightly, the sound quiet but loud enough to be heard, and waited patiently for a few long moments.

Nothing.

I leaned myself into the door, placing my ear gingerly against the wood. What I heard had me pulling back almost immediately. The sounds of banging, grumbling and inappropriate expletives took me by surprise.

Was he alright in there?

I knocked again, this time with more force.

"GO AWAY! I TOLD YOU YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SEE MY DAMN ROOM!" Bakugo's furious voice yelled aggressively from behind the door.

Ah... so they already tried to peep into his room huh?

"Hey..." I began awkwardly. "It's me... dinner's ready so I wanted to see if you were finished with your room..." I trailed off.

A few more moments passed.

Nothing.

I placed my ear to the door again.

Silence.

Not a single movement could be heard. Maybe he was still working on his room and didn't want to be disturbed? I pondered to myself, suddenly feeling rude for interrupting him. 

"But if you're still not finished" I continued, "then I can just wait with Shoto. He said he was going to save-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I heard his sudden footsteps approaching in a rush before the door swung wide open, his tall, muscular form standing before me. His hair was slightly dishevelled and he wore a black t-shirt with a white skull in the middle. He peered back at me, his red eyes narrowed as if he were annoyed.

"Shoto? Why on earth would you be waiting with him?" He growled, his distaste obvious.

I blinked.

"Oh, well. He stopped by my room-"

"-He went into your room?!" Bakugo was practically yelling. I jumped in surprise, suddenly very aware that there might be people around. If anyone were to hear any of this, they'd certainly get the wrong idea...

"No, he most certainly did not!" I refuted quickly through grit teeth. A quick glance around had me sighing a breath of relief. We were alone.

"I said he STOPPED BY." I reiterated, enunciating my words as if he were hard of hearing.

Bakugo leaned against the frame as he crossed his arms over his chest. His arms... had gotten far larger and more muscular over these last few weeks. So much so, it was getting distracting...

"Then what did he want when he stopped by?" He asked rolling his eyes, his tone mocking my enunciation earlier.

"I assumed he was going to apologize again so I took your advice. I forgave him." I said with a proud smile.

Bakugo stared back at me for what seemed like an eternity with a strange look on his face. Eventually, his expression seemed to soften, his red eyes less fiery than they had been the moment he opened the door.

"I'm sure he would have appreciated that." He muttered, taking me by surprise.

"Yeah, he was very... surprised at first but he was grateful. We're friends again."  I shrugged.

Bakugo straightened at that.

"Friends? I said to accept his apology, I didn't say to go back to being buddy-buddy with the icy hot bastard!" He snarled, the fire in his blazing red eyes had returned. I staggered back out of instinct.