Chapter 26 - First Dinner at the Dorms

We met with the others for dinner

We met with the others for dinner. Shoto had kept his word and had in fact saved seats for myself and Bakugo.
I didn't miss the strange looks from my peers at the sight of Shoto and I suddenly civil again. I was getting tired of all the whispers but with Bakugo next to me I felt more at ease. Besides, I was glad that there wasn't any uncomfortable tension between Shoto and I anymore. We didn't speak much, simply listened to the others babbling happily and smiling.
Bakugo however was uninterested in the excitement from our peers and opted to remain silent next to me throughout our meal. That was until the gossip about Shiketsu High was brought up.

"Hey did you guys hear about Shiketsu?" Uraraka whispered.

My ears pricked up.

"What do ya mean? What happened?" Kirishima asked, genuinely invested.

"Well," She began. "Apparently Eraser Head contacted Shiketsu and told them about the party in the weekend and so to punish the students, they cancelled their school prom..."

My peers turned to one another, all whispering ferociously, trying to understand how our teacher even found out about the party in the first place.

I almost choked on my food.

"You okay Idina?" Tsu asked as I coughed and gurgled.

"I'm fine" I lied as I tried to regain my composure.

Shoto and Bakugo were staring at me, though to my relief, neither said anything. I swallowed awkwardly, trying to act as normal as possible. But in reality, I was mortified.

I knew exactly why Eraser Head knew about the party...

I can't believe Dad told on them! They've lost their school prom all because of me! I'm officially the NARK! I wanted to throw my head in my hands. Would the others figure out it was me?

A quick glance to my right had my sight landing on Bakugo.

The air caught in my throat.

Not because of his rugged handsomeness like usual, but because he had a "you really told your dad about the party?" look on his face.

My face dropped.

Oh crap.

I said nothing, simply offered a silent plea.

Please don't say anything! I was practically screaming in my mind. Of course neither of us had a telepathic quirk, but Bakugo could read me almost as if he was psychic.

His intense red eyes held mine for a long, excruciating moment before slowly relenting. As he did, he threw a lop-sided smirk my way as if to say "you owe me."

Great.

I risked a peek at Shoto.

Dammit.

He had the same knowing expression that Bakugo wore, except thankfully Shoto's seemed to hold less intensity. Still. He knew it was obviously because of me Shiketsu students weren't going to get their prom...