Chapter 37 - I LOVE love

His red eyes seemed to burn into me

Our words hung around the night air as we gazed into one another, our faces so close we could feel the warmth of each other's breath.

I loved him. And he loved me.

His mouth opened to speak and I was so eager to hear what beautiful words he would speak to me in this moment, as the rest of the world seemed to fall away into the background.

"You threw a drink all over my shirt damnit!" He exclaimed.

My mouth gaped open.

"We just confessed our love for each other, and you ruin the moment with that?" I asked incredulously.

"Well I'm sorry" he exaggerated mockingly. "But I can't stand out here looking into your eyes all night because my damned shirts soaking wet and it's distracting!" He pulled away and started wiping at his shirt with his hands.

"Oh don't be so dramatic. Besides, that's what you get for linking arms with another girl." I commented with my chin in the air. I raised my hand and allowed my quirk to wave air over the wet fabric.

He scoffed as he peered down, watching me attempt to dry out his shirt.

"Oh sure... what about you and Inasa then huh? I'm sure that giant buffoon had his arm around yours at some point." The snarky jealousy was thick in his voice.

I shook my head simply, still focusing on drying out his shirt.

"Nope. Not once."

Bakugo scoffed. 

"Whatever."

"I mean it." I giggled. "Kirishima and Kaminari told him I had some weird family tradition where dates needed to stay two meters away at all times. Strangely enough he bought it and wouldn't come near me. You should see the photo we took. Yikes."

He couldn't hide the twitch to his mouth as he tried to stifle his smile.

"Well ... turns out those two have use after all." He replied with a smug grin.

I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"You need to give them a pay rise. They took 'looking after the boy's girl' a bit too seriously."

I stopped blowing air at his shirt as it looked seemingly dry. To test I touched the fabric, my palm flat against his abs. It felt dry and... very hard.

My mouth pulled into a sly grin.

"What?" He asked as he noticed my mischievous look.

I shrugged. "Not bad..."

His brows pulled together in confusion, but as he  started to unravel what I had been referring to he let out that low raspy chuckle I had grown to desire.