Chapter 27 - New Simulation Training

My first night in the dorms were okay. I tried to call dad before I went to sleep to give him an earful about Shiketsu but he didn't answer, nor did he send me a follow up text. It was unusual for him, but I assumed he was busy setting up his own space in the teachers quarters.

I had pulled my giant blue fluffy elephant from my wardrobe and brought it to bed. It was the only thing I had the showed some character in this room, it would be silly of me to keep him hidden away in the wardrobe, especially seeing how cute he was! And. So. Fluffy!

I patted the soft, mink-like fur as I cuddled my elephant in bed.

Bakugo had won him for me. I hadn't named him yet because nothing seemed to sound right so far. I smiled at the memory from the weekend, of Bakugo throwing the rings onto a single bottle, avenging my failure.
And then my heart sank at the mental reminder that Bakugo refused to go to the dance. I couldn't tell if I was rejected because I hadn't technically asked him to go with me as my date... but it was pretty much implied...

I sighed. I couldn't force him to go, nor should I expect him to do something that he clearly didn't want to do. Not even for me.

A yawn told me I needed to sleep. I had a feeling school was going to be much more intense now, so I needed to rest.

"GOOOOOOOD MORNINGGGG UA!!!" The sound of Present Mic's loud voice echoed throughout the dorm rooms, making me yelp from my bed.

I groaned.

What the hell? Where was his voice even coming from?

"LETS GET YOU UP AND DRESSED IN YOUR HERO COSTUMES! EVERYONE IS TO MEET AT USJ IN 30 MINUTES. TARDINESS IS PUNISHABLE BY EXPULSION... SORRY... ERASER TOLD ME TO SAY THAT. ALRIGHT ENOUGH CHIT CHAT LETS GET GOING!!!"

I threw the blankets from over my head and peeped at the window. It was still dark outside. Turning to the alarm clock it read 4.30am.

"You have got to be kidding me..." I grumbled to myself.

Slowly I pulled myself from my bed and groggily made my way to my closet. Everything from there was a blur. I suddenly had my costume on (I had designed a practical, black, full body cat-suit with red trim and black combat boots) and my hair was thrown back into a high ponytail. We had all made our way timely to the USJ training room as we waited patiently for further instruction.

"Great. Everyone made it on time." Aizawa appeared, his sunken, sleep deprived eyes taking us all in carefully.

"Welcome to training. You're all supposed to graduate as heroes soon, but until then, my job is to make sure you're ready to deal with what's waiting for you out in the real world."

No one said anything, simply nodded respectfully.

"You're probably wondering what you're all doing here. You've all seen this room on many occasions. But you've never seen it like this before." His voice was dull and lacking of care, however his words were sharp and held promise. I swallowed. Something was different.

"Today you will go off in pairs. Being a hero means being able to work as a team as well as a solo player. The training room will simulate a large disaster. You will need to take on villains as well as save as many civilians as possible, similar to past exams. However, the villains will be played by pros, and they will not be restrained in any way to water down their quirks."

The room gasped loudly in surprise. All but me. I knew he was up to something...

"You will be pros yourself in a few short months. It's time to act like it. If you can't handle this, then we've failed at raising the next generation of heroes." No one said anything. We all understood completely.