Chapter 50 - I didn't want to hurt you

**** Mature themes ****

Idina POV

Three weeks after the attack at U.A.

Bakugo was sat outside the training facility where he and I first started training together, his muscular arms wrapped around his knees loosely. He was leaned against the door, head between his knees as he mulled in silence.

He looked tired and exhausted, his hair dishevelled, skin paled and eyes bloodshot with lack of sleep. My heart tugged in my chest.
I hated seeing him like this.

I hadn't seen him since the incident at U.A. and not because I didn't want to - because I did, I really did - but because it was for his safety.

I was overly aware that Detective Tsukauchi had officers trailing Bakugo to see if I'd reach out to him and I didn't want to drag him into this mess with me.
But three long weeks had passed and I'd noticed the undercover police presence had dissipated to a degree and there were times in the day where Bakugo would go about his day without being followed.

Right now was one of those moments, and to my heartache, he chose to spend the afternoon sitting outside the old Yakuza training facility for hours, doing nothing, saying nothing, just sitting there with his back to the wall.

He had been out here so long, even Yuzuki asked me if I could put him out of his misery.

Bakugo didn't know the PIN code to get inside but I don't think he came with the intention of getting in. I think he simply wanted to go back in time, to the place where he and I went from rivals to lovers.
He had no idea that I was on the other side of the door he leaned against, or that this was where Yuzuki and I had been hiding out these last few weeks.

Yuzuki had slipped out the back and said he'd return in the morning to give me space.
I took a deep breath.

As I opened the door that familiar groaning sound echoed around us. Bakugo peered up at me with surprise. He rubbed his eyes as if he was trying to make sure he wasn't hallucinating.

"Idina?" His voice was gruff and weak.

I wanted to cry. The sight of him was gut wrenching. God I missed him.
Saying nothing I bent down and grabbed his cold hands in mine and pulled him up and inside the compound, closing the door behind him.

His tired eyes remained locked on mine. My heart skipped a beat as I peered back at him, the closeness making me weak. Our bodies were almost flush against each other, my hands still gripping his in my own. I could smell him. God I missed that gorgeous warm woody smell. He looked exhausted but even then he still looked ruggedly handsome. My eyes trailed his sharp jawline, down his muscular neck taking in every groove to his throat and then back up to those crimson eyes...
I needed to explain to him that I didn't want to be away from him this long but that I had to. I also needed to tell him that I wasn't going to stay... that I was leaving... without him.
But his gaze slipped from my own, to my lips, a hungry glint to his eyes. It was distracting. He was distracting.